Movie/book/TV show recommendations

+3
Biscotti
Panache
Admin
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Movie/book/TV show recommendations - Page 2 Empty Re: Movie/book/TV show recommendations

Post by Panache Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:55 am

Admin wrote:It sure is easy to get hooked on that game! Last year, someone introduced me to it, and I was hooked right away. I had just recently found it again.
Thank you for posting that puzzle. I really enjoyed doing it. It's been a while since I gave myself permission to just take the time and work on a puzzle until I solved it. I don't know why - I love puzzles, and by all accounts they're good for you to boot, and I try to bring as many simple pleasures into my life as possible. So thank you for reintroducing puzzles back into my life! Now I'm really looking forward to checking out the ones Biscotti posted as well.

Admin wrote:Do you need me to hold down the FORTRESS while you're playing the game? Movie/book/TV show recommendations - Page 2 Icon_razz
OMG yes.

A couple I forgot:

Cornelia Funke. The Thief Lord. (siblings)
Caroline Snedeker. A Triumph for Flavius. (friends)

Movie
Anchors Aweigh (friends)
Panache
Panache

Back to top Go down

Movie/book/TV show recommendations - Page 2 Empty Re: Movie/book/TV show recommendations

Post by SCH0206 Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:37 pm

It's been a while since someone added to this thread, but I want to recommend a movie I enjoyed watching a few weeks ago.

The movie is called When Marnie Was There. Based on a novel written in 1967, this anime movie is about a girl named Anna who is a foster child and struggles with the fact that she's adopted. One day, she suffers an asthma attack and is sent to live in the country side with her foster mother's relatives. During her time there, she meets and befriends a girl named Marnie, who's more than what she seems.

It's a ghost story/drama/mystery about friendship and family with absolutely NO romance. (Even though some reviewers wanted Anna and Marnie's relationship to be beyond platonic, which bothers me because it's like they despise friendships or something.) Anyway, it was something I wanted to mention.

SCH0206

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2