What would your perfect relationship be like ?

5 posters

Go down

What would your perfect relationship be like ? Empty What would your perfect relationship be like ?

Post by Acinaces Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:56 am

Even though all (or most ?) of us are antisexual, it doesn't mean that we cannot enjoy love and romance. But we all have different views of what is love, and what are our boundaries. I thought it would be interesting to share our views on this subject. I know this can be a sensible subject, so you don't have to go into details.

As for me, I'd love to be in a innocent relationship, more based on friendship, discussions and doing activities together. I don't mind physical contact and romance, as long as it stays innocent.
I guess it would basically be like a very close friendship, but with love and a bit of physical contact.

What about you ?
Acinaces
Acinaces

Back to top Go down

What would your perfect relationship be like ? Empty Re: What would your perfect relationship be like ?

Post by SCH0206 Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:36 pm

I would say my perfect relationship is happening already. I've got my cat, and I have a dear friend who lives in Iowa, a person who I visit about once a year. I don't think friends have to see each other every day, and personally, I don't need lots of friends to be content.

SCH0206

Back to top Go down

What would your perfect relationship be like ? Empty Re: What would your perfect relationship be like ?

Post by Bobbb1 Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:29 pm

Last edited by Sigh... on Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total

Bobbb1

Back to top Go down

Post by Acinaces Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:45 pm

x Nacht Klaue x wrote:That which you mean, it's called "platonic relationship".
Not really. I have been in love and in a relationship already, and it was a great experience (until it went downhill). What I meant by a friendship-like relationship, is that I don't seek for intimacy and sensuality. I do enjoy kisses and even sleeping together (literally, not as in sex), as long as it stays innocent. 
I do think that it is different than a platonic relationship, but I did write it in a way that could make people think that I meant a platonic relationship.
Acinaces
Acinaces

Back to top Go down

Post by SCH0206 Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:48 pm

I thought you were talking about a platonic relationship, too. Romance is something I don't care for.

SCH0206

Back to top Go down

Post by xenosimiana Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:15 pm

My ideas are a bit more similar to Acinaces. I don't have a problem with physical contact just as long as it's not the obvious...genital contact. For me, I like to redefine sensuality, it's good but just leaving out the common definition of it which is sex. A hug and cuddling doesn't have to be sexual, it's just a physical way of showing affection. The problem is trying to do this with mainly the opposite sex without them having some agenda.

xenosimiana

Back to top Go down

Post by Biscotti Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:41 pm

Relationships, a word which here means the concept of having an interpersonal relation with another person, obviously aren't inherently bad (Take our relation with other antisexuals on this forum as an example as it being beneficial). but it's not something I think about a lot to give a whole lot of insight to your question.

Like, I don't mind a friendly relationship "life partner" thing, but it's not something I plan to seek out. 
When I encounter a romance in a story I can sometimes enjoy it if I snip out sexual ideas from it. Sometimes not. But those are just hypothetical anyway.
There's a lot of faults with relationships such as using the other person to fill in your faults instead of fixing them yourself. Or limiting your worldview to the relationship, where suddenly nothing matters but you, your partner and maybe your kids. Like when I see people who for some reason decide to snog on the bus, where they obviously don't care how annoying it is to everyone else because they don't matter. Or as other people have complained, suddenly friends don't matter, you have a bf/gf now. Totally more radical then just "friends".
Biscotti
Biscotti

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down