Romantic Friendship: The Ideal Relationship?

3 posters

Go down

Romantic Friendship: The Ideal Relationship? Empty Romantic Friendship: The Ideal Relationship?

Post by SCH0206 Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:14 am

I'm not sure whether anyone here is familiar with the term romantic friendship, but in case anyone isn't, it's a term that involves a tight-knit, yet non-sexual relationship that includes kissing, hugging, and even sharing a bed. You can read more about it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romantic_friendship

I think this type of relationship is unusual, but in a good way. It shows that people can be extremely close without something sexual involved. Is this the type of relationship you desire for yourselves?

SCH0206

Back to top Go down

Romantic Friendship: The Ideal Relationship? Empty Re: Romantic Friendship: The Ideal Relationship?

Post by Biscotti Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:43 am

Like "Friends with benefits"?
Biscotti
Biscotti

Back to top Go down

Romantic Friendship: The Ideal Relationship? Empty Re: Romantic Friendship: The Ideal Relationship?

Post by SCH0206 Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:28 am

Not even close. Did you read the article I linked?

SCH0206

Back to top Go down

Post by Biscotti Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:19 pm

Now I have. I initially didn't see a reason why friends would kiss each other out of intimacy, but I forgot to factor in cultural differences and now I recognize what it is.

I think it would be better if they didn't use the term "romantic" to describe it.
Biscotti
Biscotti

Back to top Go down

Post by SCH0206 Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:09 pm

Biscotti wrote:
I think it would be better if they didn't use the term "romantic" to describe it.

Good point.

SCH0206

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtleuchten Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:49 pm

SCH0206 wrote:Is this the type of relationship you desire for yourselves?

No. 
Also confused by the mis-use of the word "friendship" here. You don't make a friendship stronger by hugging and kissing and sharing a bed.  Smile

What I constantly am on the lookout for, though, are strong, reliable friendships. That's an absolute rarity. People that make you feel like they are family though they are not.

Nachtleuchten

Back to top Go down

Post by SCH0206 Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:52 pm

Nachtleuchten wrote:
SCH0206 wrote:Is this the type of relationship you desire for yourselves?

No. 
Also confused by the mis-use of the word "friendship" here. You don't make a friendship stronger by hugging and kissing and sharing a bed.  Smile

What I constantly am on the lookout for, though, are strong, reliable friendships. That's an absolute rarity. People that make you feel like they are family though they are not.

I absolutely agree with your statements.

SCH0206

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down