Reasons why I love Being Antisexual

3 posters

Go down

Reasons why I love Being Antisexual Empty Reasons why I love Being Antisexual

Post by tygersongbird Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:57 am

As I have been here for the last few weeks, I was looking for a post like this, but I truly came up to no avail. So, I said to myself, "You know what? I'll start it". I think it is perfectly fine and ok to do this. So, from those who are looking as outsiders, I think they should know why we love being sex-negative. I think this thread should include input from everybody.

So, let's start a post called Why I love being antisexual (sex-negative). And let me do the honors to start.

I love being antisexual because it means that I don't have to be part of a culture that defines being a man in terms of how many girls you "get laid" by. Muscles, wife-beaters, gym memberships, and doing everything you can to "be a man" or be masculine strong, I think that is really a toxic definition of being a man. Especially with a culture that has incredibly high abortion rates & STD rates. I don't know why someone who isn't for having sex is seen as a loser because of that. I don't get it. Weird. But that's why I love being sex-negative.

I have more reasons for it, but I think we need to make this a thread full of tons of opinions. What are your reasons why you love being antisexual or sex-negative?

tygersongbird

Back to top Go down

Reasons why I love Being Antisexual Empty Re: Reasons why I love Being Antisexual

Post by SCH0206 Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:36 pm

Being antisexual protects me from STDs and unplanned pregnancies.

I think that romance is somewhat related to sexuality, so I'll also list the benefits of not having a partner. I don't need to worry about being tangled up in a toxic relationship since I've already went through platonic toxic relationships with kin and so-called allies. Even if the relationship isn't toxic, I would still have to basically babysit an adult, which I don't want to do for the rest of my life.

SCH0206

Back to top Go down

Reasons why I love Being Antisexual Empty Re: Reasons why I love Being Antisexual

Post by Biscotti Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:44 pm

Because it makes sense and doesn't let an authoritarian lie prevail unchallenged, and also speaks out against the harms of pro-sexual culture.
Biscotti
Biscotti

Back to top Go down

Post by tygersongbird Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:29 pm

SCH0206 wrote:Being antisexual protects me from STDs and unplanned pregnancies.

I think that romance is somewhat related to sexuality, so I'll also list the benefits of not having a partner. I don't need to worry about being tangled up in a toxic relationship since I've already went through platonic toxic relationships with kin and so-called allies. Even if the relationship isn't toxic, I would still have to basically babysit an adult, which I don't want to do for the rest of my life.
Oh, I agree with that wholeheartedly. The toxicity of relationships seems to never end. It's so weird. They tell you you're not a grown-up until you're in your first relationship, married, or have had sex. But if you look at most people's relationships, they will all tell you the drudgery, work, minutiae, & ultimately rancorous moments during it all. Yet no one seems to wonder "Why bother doing it at all?" If this is how relationships and love are supposed to go, well why bother with it? Seems more harm than good, the old saying.

tygersongbird

Back to top Go down