Tolerance for off-topicness in threads?

2 posters

Go down

Tolerance for off-topicness in threads? Empty Tolerance for off-topicness in threads?

Post by Admin Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:27 pm

There are a few threads where discussions have gotten off-topic, and it was pointed out. I don't have a policy in place for threads going off-topic, but consider it common courtesy to make a new thread to continue a discussion if the direction strayed from the original. The original posters of some threads may have higher tolerance for off-topic posts in their threads than others.

My questions to other members: How much do you tolerate off-topic posts in your threads, if you made any, or would you tolerate? Where do you draw the line between a topic branching out but can stay in the same thread, vs. needing to make a new thread for it? Is there any need for a policy?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Tolerance for off-topicness in threads? Empty Re: Tolerance for off-topicness in threads?

Post by SCH0206 Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:37 pm

I have yet started a topic.  All of my posts here so far are responses to others' threads.  But, if I were to start a topic, I would highly prefer that participants stick to the main subjects.  A pet peeve of mine is when people go on tangents.  I'm not sure if there's a need for a specific policy, but sticking to topics should be greatly encouraged.

SCH0206

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum