True Crime

4 posters

Go down

True Crime Empty True Crime

Post by tygersongbird Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:26 pm

Have you ever noticed on most true crime shows and everything related to forensic cases that murder always seems to involve sex in some way?

I was watching this show on TV last night called Deadly Women. It's a show on Investigation Discovery. One of the commentators on the show was stating how murder always comes down to three common denominators: Sex, greed, and revenge. Obviously, we all know how bad greed and revenge are overall when it comes to sex, but why is it that no one ever dares say that "Sex is evil?"

It seems if you ask me, sex kills more people a year that the revenge factor. Shoot, sex may kill more people than drugs do. I still acknowledge sex as a type of drug, like some sort of opiate really.

I mean, Marx said religion is an opium of the masses. Yet, sex isn't?

After the last priest scandal, sure religious cover-ups were the big talking point, but why don't we talk about how they were using the weapon of sex against unassuming targets? That seems like the bigger talking point. People use sex to twist and manipulate other people into doing horrible, nefarious acts. Yet, we don't want to say that sex is evil. Look at all the depravity it has done over time. It's well documented.

If you want to know more about this story, you can watch the whole thing right here. 

But hey, sex and crime, they seem to go hand in hand.

tygersongbird

Back to top Go down

True Crime Empty Re: True Crime

Post by Bobbb1 Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:58 pm

Last edited by Sigh... on Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:49 am; edited 4 times in total

Bobbb1

Back to top Go down

Post by SCH0206 Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:55 pm

I don't watch true crime shows because there are enough horror stories in news articles; I don't want to watch a TV show about it.

"But hey, sex and crime, they seem to go hand in hand."

That's true for most cases, but not always. There are crimes where sex doesn't play a role like scamming someone online.

"Sex, greed, and revenge. Obviously, we all know how bad greed and revenge are overall when it comes to sex, but why is it that no one ever dares say that "Sex is evil?"

I guess because in their view, sex is a lovely thing as long as it's between consenting adults. In other words, it's only a bad thing if it's used on someone against their will.

SCH0206

Back to top Go down

Post by xenosimiana Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:54 pm

The problem is for these people is understanding that even willfully it causes issues, a few only understand halfway never fully because...they're prosexual.

xenosimiana

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum