Withholding Sex as Punishment

5 posters

Go down

Withholding Sex as Punishment Empty Withholding Sex as Punishment

Post by SCH0206 Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:21 pm

What is your opinion about when some partners withhold sex in committed relationships as punishment? Some "experts" see this as a sign of abuse. Of course, most people (rightly) agree that coerced sex, even in committed relationships, is abuse. But what about when someone threatens to not have sex with their partner if they don't do what they want? I'm not sure what to think except that it seems silly to me because I'm antisexual to begin with.

SCH0206

Back to top Go down

Withholding Sex as Punishment Empty Re: Withholding Sex as Punishment

Post by Bobbb1 Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:27 am

Last edited by Sigh... on Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bobbb1

Back to top Go down

Post by SCH0206 Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:41 am

But, what if the person being punished does want sex, but is frustrated because their partner refuses to give it to them to "teach them a lesson?" I've read a few stories about this online.

SCH0206

Back to top Go down

Post by Biscotti Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:36 am

Well I think that's pathetic and slightly amusing that they are manipulated so easily over something that's not important.

Although in relationships often mundane things get blown up to be "relationship-breakers", because as you might guess sexual relationships often overlap with people with relational immaturity.
Biscotti
Biscotti

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobbb1 Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:02 am

Last edited by Sigh... on Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bobbb1

Back to top Go down

Post by xenosimiana Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:46 am

It degrades both parties. The person that can't handle it shows immaturity. The one withholding until they get what they want is manipulative, shows themselves to be a commodity/object, and foolish because it's an extremely absurd way of trying to fix another's behavior and/or gain favor. It also shows the one being denied as a slave and again, immature. I've heard of things happening like that to the point the other person just simply found someone willing to give them what they want.

It's a very poor way of behavior modification.

xenosimiana

Back to top Go down

Post by SCH0206 Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:18 pm

Thank you all for your responses. They clarified a lot. Some aspects of sex are mysteries I'm trying to solve.

@x Nacht Klaue x I like your analogy of comparing sex to prostitution. It confounds me why so many people like this type of relationship. Kind of reminds me of an overrated book or TV show many people rave about, and I don't see its appeal.

@Biscotti That is pathetic, especially since sex isn't a need, no matter what so-called experts say. It's ironic because some sexual people say that not being in a relationship is immature.

@xenosimiana Yep, it's totally a lose-lose situation.

SCH0206

Back to top Go down

Post by Biscotti Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:09 pm

On the prostitution analogy I agree but not in the way nacht klaue phrased.

I think sexual relationships ARE like prostitution except instead of sex for money, it's sex for (relationship currency).
Biscotti
Biscotti

Back to top Go down

Post by SlagToccata Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:19 pm

Considering its intended result, it's abuse, plain and simple. Personally, I don't understand how any couple that would resort to something like that could stay together for non-financial reasons. On the other hand, I see this type of thing as an occupational hazard in any sort of bizarre "commitment" situation. If you feel upset at not being able to act out your carnal desires in a way that involves another person, you need to rethink your priorities.
SlagToccata
SlagToccata

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum