Admin
Bobbb1
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sexualization of Children Empty Sexualization of Children

Post by Bobbb1 Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:57 pm

(Edit: Deleted video)

There are videos out there that shows children dance like prostitutes! But I'm not going to post those videos here, it's very disturbing and I hate those mothers who do this things to their children! I chose this video because this guy is just talking about this topic. So you will not see those girls that look like prostitutes in this video (except the thumbnail photo on the front of the video)

There is a video that shows a girl stripping in front of the crowd and how the crowd cheers of joy. That's really disgusting! But you will not see any of that in this video, so don't worry. What surprises me is how people can allow these mothers to do this to their children. It's very sick!

Last edited by Sigh... on Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:44 pm; edited 2 times in total

Bobbb1

Back to top Go down

Sexualization of Children Empty Re: Sexualization of Children

Post by Admin Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:49 pm

It's disgusting that happens, and I suspect that many of the parents who pushed their children into it, did it as a way of living through them, which is another disgusting issue. They're using their children to do the things that they weren't able to do themselves, feeling a sense of achievement by proxy. Some parents live through their children by pushing them into becoming lawyers or doctors, whichever career they (the parent) wanted, while others push their children into this.

It's a common phenomenon among child pageants, so many of whom were pushed into it by their parents. When it's the mother who does that, and it often is, there's a term for it: "stage moms".

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobbb1 Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:01 am

Yes, exactly, that's what I also believe. It really should be illegal to do so. Children are not dolls and should not live such a life cuz like I said many of these children get mental issues when they grow up. so also for this reason I see it as child abuse.

Bobbb1

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobbb1 Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:43 am

wow!! This should really be illegal. poor child.
Pageant Mom Gives Botox to 8-Year-Old, Defends Actions

(Edit: Deleted video)

Last edited by Sigh... on Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bobbb1

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:06 pm

Poor child. I agree that it's abusive and should be illegal. It's sad and disturbing that pageant girls are worrying about wrinkles at such a young age, and she said that she risked getting bullied for not getting Botox. Those standards at pageants are so messed up.

I've also heard cases of people getting bullied into plastic surgery, undergoing it so that they stop being bullied. Sad

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobbb1 Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:43 pm

Last edited by Sigh... on Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:46 pm; edited 2 times in total

Bobbb1

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:02 pm

Why would children want to use make-up, and why would it be marketed to such a young age? I've seen it marketed towards children, because I remember that I did use some, because I had some of my own back then, but I don't remember why. I was certainly wasn't thinking about impressing others.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SCH0206 Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:38 pm

Admin wrote:Why would children want to use make-up, and why would it be marketed to such a young age? I've seen it marketed towards children, because I remember that I did use some, because I had some of my own back then, but I don't remember why. I was certainly wasn't thinking about impressing others.

It's bad enough that adults are obsessed with outer pulchritude.  Children shouldn't hold such superficial ideas in their heads.  It reminds me how other kids bullied me for my homely appearance from when I was in 5th grade until I finished high school.  (Even my mother did in spite of me inheriting some of her features.)  K-12 ended almost a decade ago for me, but I still carry those wounds.

SCH0206

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowflake_ Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:59 pm

Marketing for Pedos.
Snowflake_
Snowflake_

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:56 am

SCH0206 wrote:
Admin wrote:Why would children want to use make-up, and why would it be marketed to such a young age? I've seen it marketed towards children, because I remember that I did use some, because I had some of my own back then, but I don't remember why. I was certainly wasn't thinking about impressing others.

It's bad enough that adults are obsessed with outer pulchritude.  Children shouldn't hold such superficial ideas in their heads.  It reminds me how other kids bullied me for my homely appearance from when I was in 5th grade until I finished high school.  (Even my mother did in spite of me inheriting some of her features.)  K-12 ended almost a decade ago for me, but I still carry those wounds.

That's awful that happened to you, and it still hurts to this day. Sad Children can be so cruel to each other, hating and bullying those that are different. Hate is something people aren't born with, but it is taught by their parents, and by societal messages as a whole that are also picked up from the media. It sickens me that you, and many others have suffered because of the ideas perpetuated that appearance and conformity are indicators of goodness.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Panache Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:17 pm

Admin wrote:It sickens me that you, and many others have suffered because of the ideas perpetuated that appearance and conformity are indicators of goodness.
Oh Admin. Sad I can tell you feel so much pain when other people are hurting. Every word spoken is a step in the right direction, though! I know these problems can seem insurmountable. Really it’s only taken about one generation since the sexual revolution for things to get freaky, so maybe it wouldn’t take so very long for a seismic wave of backlash to go through the society either, once people start realizing how much these things are serious problems.

If you’ve seen Star Trek TNG, do you remember the episode “The Game”? Sometimes I feel like everyone is playing The Game but us, and we’re Wesley running around trying to save everybody, but also trying to blend in enough that we don’t get strapped down and forced to conform.

It seems to me that the sexualization of children is an outgrowth of the increased sexualization of everybody, in our society. I suspect this problem would by and large resolve itself, if society became less sexual.

I wonder if it’s hard for ye average sex-positive person to perceive what makes this issue so disgusting and upsetting for us, since we view sex differently overall. I have somewhat a hard time articulating it myself. For me, it’s almost like, you live in a society where you’re surrounded by people shooting up heroin all the time, and you sort of get used to it even though you disagree with it, and then you see a child tying off the rubber hose and pretending to shoot up and you’re like, Please God no, why is this the world we live in?

As for makeup, children imitate their parents. That’s their great work of learning how the world works. If their parents wear makeup, brush their hair, talk on the phone while making dinner, the little child is probably going to be interested in imitating them. What stopped little girls from wearing corsets, is that everyone stopped wearing corsets.

Strange though how fast our society has gone from “And I have heard of your paintings! Well enough, God has given you one face and you make yourselves another!” and makeup being something only a, ah, lady on the left would wear, to wearing makeup being definitely the default expectation for women in our society. If we have problems with this, one thing we can obviously do about it is: not wear makeup! And maybe let female friends and family members know they don’t have to feel any pressure from us to wear makeup when we’re out and about with them. Knowing that there’s someone who approves of their appearance without any makeup on, might help women feel more validated and less self-conscious about going out without it.

I forget who said this, but I really like the idea: “Strange that what we call self-consciousness, is really us being conscious of other people being conscious of us.”

It also seems to me that people stop caring so much about their appearance when they have more important things to think about. People wouldn't be talking about their 'wonky nose" or "smoker's mouth" or "asymmetrical hairline" anymore if there were a zombie apocalypse. It seems to me people only get appearance-obsessed when their world is so very un-enriched that that’s all they have to think about, and they’ve got so little purpose is life they’ve come to feel like their perceived attractiveness is the beginning and end of their value. Also means they’re looking to feel worthy from other people’s approval of them (and for such a subjective and ever-changing thing as appearance!), which would make anyone feel insecure and self-conscious.

As for Barbie dolls, I don’t know. I played with Barbie dolls a lot growing up and I don’t believe it had much of an impact on my self-image, though I perceived them more as characters to play out stories I made up, rather than as vicarious expressions of myself. I saw a documentary on the development of Barbie at one point many years ago, and I believe it said the creator based their appearance on Italian (I think?) sex dolls she’d come across. And yet as well, her point for the doll was kind of about empowerment: she’d noticed that girls were just given baby dolls to take care of and were expected to play at being mothers and housewives, and she wanted to create a doll where girls could pretend to be adult women and do all kinds of jobs, pretend to be a teacher or a veterinarian or a scuba diver, etc. I believe it was also mentioned that part of the reason she kept the distorted proportions of the sex dolls, is that the seams and closures on doll clothes are disproportionately huge and bulky compared to those for an actual person, and they bulk out the appearance in a way that makes the proportions look more normal when the doll is dressed. I don’t know much about any of this; this is just what I remember. Is there a doll that has less distorted proportions, but serves the same sort of a vicariously-playing-many-adult-rolls purpose?
Panache
Panache

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:46 pm

Sadly I've only seen a few episodes of Star Trek TNG, but I looked it up, and wow. That comparison to "The Game" is spot-on! That must be what it feels like to be constantly surrounded by sex-obsessed people. I'm lucky that I haven't constantly been surrounded by sex-obsessed people, and pressured to fake an interest, but I've known of others who aren't so lucky. I've dealt with some pro-sex extremists who tried to change me, but I actively fought against them every step of the way to the best extent I could.

I've met some people in the asexual community who've been harassed by their sex-obsessed peers for not being interested in sex, with some asking if they should lie about being sexually active so the harassment from their peers will stop. Sad

Right after I made my last post in this thread, I wondered if children wearing make-up was in part due to imitating parents. Many children's toys as well imitate jobs, but I think it's a problem that wearing make-up has become expected, and it's an expectation that gets internalized from an early age.

It's sad that so many people feel like their worth is only in their appearance. If it weren't so prioritized, while any other traits they have are devalued, they wouldn't feel that way. I agree that appearance would matter so much less in an apocalyptic scenario, but I wouldn't want for one to be the reason that people stop caring so much about appearance. It'd matter the least of all in a zombie apocalypse, unless some people still want to look their best as zombies.

I haven't heard that interpretation before about Barbie dolls, but it is interesting that they may have been progressive for their day! If I recall correctly, the original Barbie dolls didn't have such extreme proportions, but they showed women in other roles other than a homemaker. I remember that there were several profession-related Barbie dolls. That was a step forward, but then being expecting to attain their proportions was a step back.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Panache Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:29 pm

Admin wrote:It'd matter the least of all in a zombie apocalypse, unless some people still want to look their best as zombies.
That had me cracking up. Yes, there have got to be easier ways for people to get their priorities straight!

I'm reminded of an Aldous Huxley quote: "An intellectual is a person who has discovered something more interesting than sex." Perhaps it also applies for appearance - "an intellectual is someone who's discovered something more interesting than their reflection." Smile

I'm really glad you've got people around you who don't pressure you like that anymore, and who are less obsessed with sexual things.
Panache
Panache

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:34 pm

Panache wrote:
Admin wrote:It'd matter the least of all in a zombie apocalypse, unless some people still want to look their best as zombies.
That had me cracking up. Yes, there have got to be easier ways for people to get their priorities straight!

I'm reminded of an Aldous Huxley quote: "An intellectual is a person who has discovered something more interesting than sex." Perhaps it also applies for appearance - "an intellectual is someone who's discovered something more interesting than their reflection." Smile

I'm really glad you've got people around you who don't pressure you like that anymore, and who are less obsessed with sexual things.

I agree with that quote! It reminds me, it's ironic that as people who don't want sex, we may be told we're boring and don't have anything to live for, but people who are constantly seeking sex, and obsessed with it, and don't seem to have any other interests, aren't seen as the boring ones?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SCH0206 Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:07 pm

Admin wrote:
Panache wrote:

I agree with that quote! It reminds me, it's ironic that as people who don't want sex, we may be told we're boring and don't have anything to live for, but people who are constantly seeking sex, and obsessed with it, and don't seem to have any other interests, aren't seen as the boring ones?

Wow, Admin!  That's a very thought-provoking statement.  I have never viewed it that way until now.

SCH0206

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:25 pm

SCH0206 wrote:
Admin wrote:
Panache wrote:That had me cracking up. Yes, there have got to be easier ways for people to get their priorities straight!

Wow, Admin!  That's a very thought-provoking statement.  I have never viewed it that way until now.
Thanks! Very Happy Part of the reason why I'm aware of that observation though, is because of those people who tried to push me into sex. They told me I'm boring for not wanting to try anything. I was insulted that they said that, but I didn't want to be shamed or guilt-tripped into caving in.

I found them unapproachable when they were focused on sex, instead of talking about the things we had in common, and the interests we shared.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Panache Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:31 pm

Admin wrote:It reminds me, it's ironic that as people who don't want sex, we may be told we're boring and don't have anything to live for, but people who are constantly seeking sex, and obsessed with it, and don't seem to have any other interests, aren't seen as the boring ones?
Absolutely. People who are caught up in an addictive process, can't fathom what life would be like without it. They think they'd want to die if they couldn't have X anymore. But from the perspective of an outsider who's not tipsy or in love or taking drugs, it's obvious there's no real substance there; it's all about the high. We hopefully get our meaning in life from things other than instant gratification.

The "boring" thing reminds me of another Aldous Huxley quote: "Actual happiness always looks pretty squalid in comparison with the overcompensations for misery." The way eating an apple is just so not worth it when there's the possibility of eating a piece of cake instead; the supranormal stimulus of a high desensitizes people to actual pleasures, so people who are living more temperately get a lot of pleasure and satisfaction from things that are boring and stupid when you're just waiting for your next high.

It also seems to me that finding things boring is not exactly a lack of stimulation, but a lack of consciousness or awareness. A yogi can be completely absorbed sitting alone in an empty room; someone else can be eating pizza and drinking coke and watching TV while texting somebody and with friends all around and still be bored.
Panache
Panache

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:00 pm

Panache wrote:
Admin wrote:It reminds me, it's ironic that as people who don't want sex, we may be told we're boring and don't have anything to live for, but people who are constantly seeking sex, and obsessed with it, and don't seem to have any other interests, aren't seen as the boring ones?
Absolutely. People who are caught up in an addictive process, can't fathom what life would be like without it. They think they'd want to die if they couldn't have X anymore. But from the perspective of an outsider who's not tipsy or in love or taking drugs, it's obvious there's no real substance there; it's all about the high. We hopefully get our meaning in life from things other than instant gratification.

The "boring" thing reminds me of another Aldous Huxley quote: "Actual happiness always looks pretty squalid in comparison with the overcompensations for misery." The way eating an apple is just so not worth it when there's the possibility of eating a piece of cake instead; the supranormal stimulus of a high desensitizes people to actual pleasures, so people who are living more temperately get a lot of pleasure and satisfaction from things that are boring and stupid when you're just waiting for your next high.

It also seems to me that finding things boring is not exactly a lack of stimulation, but a lack of consciousness or awareness. A yogi can be completely absorbed sitting alone in an empty room; someone else can be eating pizza and drinking coke and watching TV while texting somebody and with friends all around and still be bored.

Great examples! I responded, continuing it in a new thread here: https://iamfortress.forumotion.com/t100-instant-gratification

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Panache Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:10 pm

Thank you. I was wondering if that was getting too off topic...
Panache
Panache

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobbb1 Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:53 pm

Bobbb1

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobbb1 Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:41 pm

Warning: girls dancing like prostitues in the video, same dance as their idols... such as Beyonce...

I tried to find a video that open the eyes of the blind people. Those donkeys who thinks it's cute when girls dance in this way. Their parents have no shame. Disgusting.

I tried to share such videos before but then after 1 minute or so deleted it. It's easier for other people to share these videos and then talk about it, but I can't because of the men. I know there are lesbians too, but still..

Last edited by x Nacht Klaue x on Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:25 am; edited 6 times in total

Bobbb1

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobbb1 Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:45 pm

This is also a good video, this woman is clever.

Bobbb1

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:56 am

Music videos are are probably the most sexualized form of mainstream media, and it's disturbing that a lot of parents are allowing their children to imitate what they see in those videos. Why are parents allowing that?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SCH0206 Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:53 am

Admin wrote:Music videos are are probably the most sexualized form of mainstream media, and it's disturbing that a lot of parents are allowing their children to imitate what they see in those videos. Why are parents allowing that?

I have no idea, but it's very irresponsible parenting.

SCH0206

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobbb1 Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:41 am

Admin wrote:Music videos are are probably the most sexualized form of mainstream media, and it's disturbing that a lot of parents are allowing their children to imitate what they see in those videos. Why are parents allowing that?
I'm not really sure.. maybe it's those parents who want to live through their children.. :/ I wonder if they have any dad and what they think of that. It's really sick how they can let their children sing about sex.

Last edited by ☆x Pure Life x☆ on Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Bobbb1

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum