How did you come to this decision?

3 posters

Go down

How did you come to this decision? Empty How did you come to this decision?

Post by Admin Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:55 pm

Some questions on understanding how others came to their decision:

1. What do you consider the reasons why you rejected sex?
2. Did you know from an early age that you never wanted it, or was it later in life that you came to this decision?
3. Do you feel like your decision is influenced by the environment you grew up in, and how it handled the topic of sexuality?
4. Did societal attitudes towards sex affect how you feel about it?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

How did you come to this decision? Empty Re: How did you come to this decision?

Post by Pravotoop Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:46 am

First reply to a topic from 2015.

It might seem rare, but I actually developed antisexuality as a belief over time. I wasn't exactly born being antisexual, though sexual feelings did and still do disgust me when I feel them.

It's because of the fact that sexuality expects me to objectify people in my mind (I've never really done this, but I've certainly felt certain feelings I'd classify as sexual. I probably would be considered aromantic, but I don't know if it's because I don't let romantic feelings rule me or otherwise. Is romance characterized by a desire for romance? I've desired physical contact in certain ways before (mostly hugs (... or rarely, kisses)). I've also made questionable choices as a child in kindergarten and first grade and second grade and third grade and fourth grade. All of those grades. I'm not shirking the blame for anything I've done in the past, so good to cover all with one statement.)

I am a writer. I write a lot of female characters, and to a writer, usually their characters are their children. I see my characters as extensions of myself. I don't write them as 'women' (as in, the stereotypical archetypes of women), I try to write them as people; I'll post some stories here one day if you consider that alright?

Anyway, my antisexuality stems from an altruistic desire to DO NO HARM; I live by this phrase. I breathe this phrase. This phrase replaces my survival instinct in that I am certain I would sacrifice myself for another being.

Pravotoop

Back to top Go down

Post by SlagToccata Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:13 pm

1. I fail to see the appeal for me or any other participant as there are easier ways to reach orgasm, and got sick of the psychotic-sounding musings of people "in love" and the decisions they resultantly made, especially if they were friends of mine or people I otherwise held in some sort of high regard.

2. Oddly, I did seem to "know" from an early age, though I wouldn't take 8-year-old me very seriously. I would read Archie and think to myself "Jughead has it right! Food is good! What the heck is Archie doing anyway?"

3. Nothing blatantly sexual affected me one way or the other while growing up, but bullying and peer pressure were still present. More on that in #4.

4. I don't think they did. I couldn't imagine any society or time period where it would make sense in the least. But the fact a key element of "relationships" is peer pressure might have been part of it; why leave school to get bullied more? Why leave work to report to another supervisor or boss? (I'll concede I can see the appeal if you want to be the bully or supervisor, but never support that kind of behavior).
SlagToccata
SlagToccata

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum