Romantic love affecting cognition?

2 posters

Go down

Romantic love affecting cognition? Empty Romantic love affecting cognition?

Post by Admin Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:28 pm

I found this interesting, and thought it could lead to a thread on how romantic love affects cognition:

Wlodarski and Dunbar (2015): "The Effects of Romantic Love on Mentalizing Abilities"
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4496461/

-Romantic behaviors can feel addictive, because they activate the dopamine pathway
-Early stages of romantic love associated with depleted levels of serotonin
-Pair bonds "in particular the kind of intense bonds associated with early stages of 'passionate love'" last about 4 years on average. This directly corresponds to limerence, which generally lasts that long.
-Mentalizing: assessing the emotional states of others; the study says that long-term pair bonds use mentalizing extensively, more than any other type of relationship
-Tested to see if the enhanced mentalizing associated with a pair-bonded person's partner can be transferred to other tasks:
-Observed neural activity when viewing pictures of partner: deactivation in the regions associated with mentalizing and Theory of Mind.
-When presented with a "love prime" (primed to have thoughts of partner), their performance at the mentalizing tasks improved, though mainly for men, and especially improved at assessing negative emotions, which seems to contradict the deactivation in the regions associated with mentalizing.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Romantic love affecting cognition? Empty Re: Romantic love affecting cognition?

Post by Snowflake_ Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:12 pm

Break up people with withdrawal symptoms are quite annoying.

I think that kind of aggressiveness from anxiety attachment people towards their partners should be widely notice ,but no one care.They are very destructive to the society .
Snowflake_
Snowflake_

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:51 pm

Snowflake_ wrote:Break up people with withdrawal symptoms are quite annoying.

I think that kind of aggressiveness from anxiety attachment people towards their partners should be widely notice ,but no one care.They are very destructive to the society .
That is very important, and I'm looking at some articles about that issue now, showing a correlation between insecure attachment and domestic violence.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowflake_ Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:53 pm

Admin wrote:

That is very important, and I'm looking at some articles about that issue now, showing a correlation between insecure attachment and domestic violence.
It's anxiety attachment.Not just insecure attachment.
.....I noticed  it by murder cases.Seem they have a kind of instinct to attack the person they claim they love and sucking resources from them.
Usually they are very hypocrite when they courting partners ,after the relationship established.They become
aggressive.
But if the courting is fail ,they can clop that person piece by piece as well.

BE CAREFUL
them!I think many people want to avoid them by reading here.But usually they are the person who initiative to courting everyone.They are less choosy.
Snowflake_
Snowflake_

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:02 pm

Snowflake_ wrote:
Admin wrote:

.....I noticed  it by murder cases.Seem they have a kind of instinct to attack the person they claim they love and sucking resources from them.
Usually they are very hypocrite when they courting partners ,after the relationship established.They become
aggressive.

BE CAREFUL
them!I think many people want to avoid them by reading here.But usually they are the person who initiative to courting everyone.They are less choosy.

The percentage of abusers have a much higher percentage of insecure attachments of any kind compared to the general population, but I understand that you're specifically referring to the anxious attachments. However, a few of the insecure attachment styles have anxious in the name, including anxious-resistant, and anxious-ambivalent.

Abusers with an anxious attachment style feel angry, and act out when their partner doesn't give them the attention or attachment that they need. People with anxious attachment constantly fear rejection, and fear that their partner will leave them, so those that become abusers become controlling and act out.

The ambivalent-anxious style in particular: http://www.psychalive.org/understanding-ambivalent-anxious-attachment/

Abusers that have this attachment style often show and feel remorse towards their actions after lashing out against their partner, and try to reconcile with them. They say they love their partner, and want to change, but without intervention, it falls right into the cycle of abuse: for a while it will seem like they reconciled, and show love towards each other, but something will happen that will make the abuser doubt their victim again, leading to tension, which builds up to violence yet again. It is a cycle that can escalate over time, and could lead to homicide or suicide.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowflake_ Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:13 pm

Admin wrote:
Snowflake_ wrote:
Admin wrote:

aggressive.

BE CAREFUL

The percentage of abusers have a much higher percentage of insecure attachments of any kind compared to the general population, but I understand that you're specifically referring to the anxious attachments. However, a few of the insecure attachment styles have anxious in the name, including anxious-resistant, and anxious-ambivalent.

Abusers with an anxious attachment style feel angry, and act out when their partner doesn't give them the attention or attachment that they need. People with anxious attachment constantly fear rejection, and fear that their partner will leave them, so those that become abusers become controlling and act out.

The ambivalent-anxious style in particular: http://www.psychalive.org/understanding-ambivalent-anxious-attachment/

Abusers that have this attachment style often show and feel remorse towards their actions after lashing out against their partner, and try to reconcile with them. They say they love their partner, and want to change, but without intervention, it falls right into the cycle of abuse: for a while it will seem like they reconciled, and show love towards each other, but something will happen that will make the abuser doubt their victim again, leading to tension, which builds up to violence yet again. It is a cycle that can escalate over time, and could lead to homicide or suicide.
I know what you are talking about already.
Therefore ,god damn that type.I hate them.
Snowflake_
Snowflake_

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowflake_ Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:19 pm

Admin wrote:

You seem like just copying textbook.Anyway ,anxious attachment is a typical female brain+lack of parental investment signal result.
Thus they sucking resources from others,thus they attack people.It should be coordinate with female lack of physical strength feature.Therefore ,more female with anxious attachment than male.I visualizing them as emotional vampires and resources vampires.

I think I know how to troll them in relationship .

> : )

PUA is a program to target anxious attachment female (anxious attachment people are less choosy).If those guys have choice ,they won't being a "pickup artist" to find anxious attachment female to "pickup".Just like beggar finding corrupted food in rubbish bin.

Most of murder (in relationship) happen in this kind of relationship .Because in their heart deeply ,they hate them and despise them.
Snowflake_
Snowflake_

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down