Is there anyone in your life who knows about your antisexuality?

5 posters

Go down

Is there anyone in your life who knows about your antisexuality? Empty Is there anyone in your life who knows about your antisexuality?

Post by SCH0206 Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:56 pm

Is there anyone on this forum who has a family member, friend, or anyone else they know who are aware of your antisexuality? And, if they don't know, would you tell them?

Even though I dropped some hints with my family in the past, they never picked up on it, and in a sense, I'm glad they didn't because that's just another weapon they would use against me. (They pestered me enough about other qualities I have that they don't like, and they wonder why they're no longer in my life.)

I have a friend in Iowa whom I've been friends with for over seven years, and she knows about my dislike for romantic relationships and doesn't try to change me.

SCH0206

Back to top Go down

Is there anyone in your life who knows about your antisexuality? Empty Re: Is there anyone in your life who knows about your antisexuality?

Post by radarerror31 Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:37 pm

I don't really talk to people about much of anything, even my family. The subject never comes up. They all know I don't engage in sexual activity with people but that's quite obvious, and I don't see any reason to hide it. I don't think they want to know what, if anything, I get up to in my private time. Outside of my family, I don't talk to anyone, at least in person, beyond the most basic of conversation, so there's no opportunity for such topics to arise (and that's the way I want it to be in most situations).

If I knew anyone in real life that was struggling with sexualism, that was going down the dark road of incel or deep sex addiction, I'd likely open up and offer antisexualism as an alternative to understand the world better, but that doesn't happen. I don't particularly care if people know my thoughts on the matter, since professionally my life is more or less over (if I am going to have something, it's likely to be under an assumed identity anyway). Even if someone could tie antisexualism to me, the only people who are going to care are ideologues, and enough people are going to understand on some level that I'm right. Indeed, there is an implicit understanding in some religious traditions that antisexualism is normal and that hypersexualism is a historical dead-end, and this sort of thing has happened in a big way before when the classical world's empires collapsed.

radarerror31

Back to top Go down

Is there anyone in your life who knows about your antisexuality? Empty Re: Is there anyone in your life who knows about your antisexuality?

Post by Bobbb1 Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:32 am

Last edited by Sigh... on Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bobbb1

Back to top Go down

Post by J. Ridd Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:04 pm

<

Last edited by J. Ridd on Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:27 am; edited 1 time in total

J. Ridd

Back to top Go down

Post by SCH0206 Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:16 am

x Skull Child x wrote:Not about the term "antisexual" but all my family members knows that I don't want to have any partner and that i'm not interested in such things unless they think I have low self esteem or something like that and that it would be the reason for not wanting any partner, which so many retarded people believe about people like us. That we are "afraid" of having a relationship or that low self esteem would be the reason for someone to not want to have any relationship. I see such people as animals.

It's ridiculous that even some incels use the word "antisexual" to describe themselves. Those people are lots of things, but antisexual isn't one of them. 

I would've fit into the low self-esteem category 20 years ago back when I was a boy-crazy pre-teen. But, I've grown up a lot since then and no longer think that not having a boyfriend is the end of the world.

SCH0206

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobbb1 Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:34 pm

Bobbb1

Back to top Go down

Post by radarerror31 Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:59 am

SCH0206 wrote:It's ridiculous that even some incels use the word "antisexual" to describe themselves. Those people are lots of things, but antisexual isn't one of them. 

Based on my experiences in the old incel haunts, I could see some of them being antisexuals, or in denial and needing to take the step into the light once they can overcome the cloud of ideology and their own brain fog. That doesn't describe those who are ranting about some neoreactionary political agenda though - that shit is the most rancid elements of sexualism distilled and concentrated (and seeing that shit was a large reason why I took the step from merely disliking sexualism to hating sexualism, because I saw that sexualism can only lead to that kind of filth in the long run).

radarerror31

Back to top Go down

Post by tygersongbird Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:28 pm

No one knows that I am asexual even. They don't tend to understand what asexual means even. So, I don't think having a conversation on how I don't have sex would go well. They just know I'm not having sex, really. That's as far as it goes.

Most people would feel like anti-sex would probably be serial killers, I feel.

tygersongbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobbb1 Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:21 pm

Bobbb1

Back to top Go down

Post by SCH0206 Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:25 pm

Ha! That's pretty funny. What's even funnier is that it doesn't make sense. How is not being interested in marriage related to being homosexual?

SCH0206

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum