This forum name

3 posters

Go down

This forum name Empty This forum name

Post by androtic Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:35 pm

The thing is, although IAMFORRESS is very cool name, it has a huge flaw it is not searchable. I've been searching you guys for years!!! And I think that we should be more well known. For example, one of the reasons the asexual community was able to grow and prosper was because they chose a name that anyone within the asexual situation could come up with and search. I believe we are not that rare (come on there are billions of people in this world) we just have not found ourselves yet.

I'm sorry if this is against the rules, but it is so important!!! Before finding you guys (two weeks ago actually). I have bought the antisexuality[dot]com(can't post links yet Rolling Eyes)domain and was planning to make a forum there (it is actually already up and running). I'm using NodeBB and it has a very modern look to it. I'm too new here to say how you guys should do stuff, but I want help to grow the community anyway I can!

androtic

Back to top Go down

This forum name Empty Re: This forum name

Post by androtic Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:46 pm

I mean seriously try to google antisexuality and find this forum... I couldn't

androtic

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobbb1 Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:54 pm

I always read it as "I am fortress". I didn't understood it tho until I understood what a fortress was. So I thought it was like, we are like a fortress, protecting us from the over-sexual world.

Not until last week I found an article on wikipedia about an antisexual activist. I didn't know who he was. I wanted to know more about him and I found out that he is the man behind the russian forum, and I had no idea it was such a person behind that forum. He reminded me of Hitler ugh.

I read that he had come up with the "IAM" (International Antisexual Movement). So I felt disappointed. Because he seem sick in the head and since this forum has IAM in it, it is as if this group are with their group and perhaps it is, I don't know.

And he had to flee, FLEE from Russia to America.. And changed his name to an american name.

Bobbb1

Back to top Go down

Post by Biscotti Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:30 pm

We are with that group (International Antisexual Movement). The forum owner intended this forum as a spin-off.
Just because Yuri is racist doesn't mean the group is. The IAM isn't concerned with race. It also doesn't necessarily mean he's mentally ill, or an advocate for genocide.

I'm not defending racism though, and I disagree with him and think it's ignorant. But I think some of what you're saying is ignorant too.

I think this topic is interesting, androtic. And I feel your pain. I too had a period of lost wandering on the internet. There is a topic somewhere regarding SEO and how to better that. I've also tried to advertise this forum at antisexual places. But we're open to more ideas. (I would try to brainstorm, but I'm sort of busy irl right now. Maybe in a week?)

One more thing about the forum name, and the meaning. Just as an FYI.
The IAM in iamfortress refers to "International Antisexual Movement".
The fortress refers to "FOR Those REsisting Sexual Society". It's also supposed to have symbolism as a fortress.
Snappy. But I guess not immediately apparant.
Biscotti
Biscotti

Back to top Go down

Post by androtic Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:08 pm

Wow, so much meaning buried deep in the forum name!!! But yeah not apparent at all...

From what I've seem in the internet and in AVEN, in general the antisexual movement has a bad history attached to it be it from it not being understood or from some hate groups that use the name. Hope we can make a brighter future for antisexuality!

androtic

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobbb1 Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:39 pm

I didn't notice that (For Those REsisting Sexual Society = FORTRESS), I see.

Bobbb1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down