Anime and cartoon

Go down

Anime and cartoon  Empty Anime and cartoon

Post by Snowflake_ on Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:14 pm

Disscuss them here.
Snowflake_
Snowflake_

Posts : 127
Join date : 2015-04-09

Back to top Go down

Anime and cartoon  Empty Re: Anime and cartoon

Post by Snowflake_ on Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:32 pm

☆x Pure Life x☆ wrote:
Scary.. The anime I meant is "real" porn. They replace real human with anime. I feel disgust just when I think about it.

Interesting.

But what is the problem of they replace real human?

I don't think they replace real human is a problem ,I hate anthropocentrism.

And I don't like think terminators replace real human is a problem as well.
Snowflake_
Snowflake_

Posts : 127
Join date : 2015-04-09

Back to top Go down

Anime and cartoon  Empty Re: Anime and cartoon

Post by Snowflake_ on Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:06 pm

@Admin wrote:

I know that the most vocal section of the anime fandom is one with both a lot of disposable income, and a lot of free time, so that pandering to their wishes is the most profitable option for producers, and the path of least resistance. Anyone outside that group seems to be left out in the cold.




Rare MBTI type with Fi usually complaint the society like that.

Just because you are the rare type.

Anyway ,"outside that group seems to be left out in the cold" is too normal in human nature and market economy.Why they have to take care your needs without benefit?Prostitution (including  soft porn)is a very ancient industry,it's stand firm.You can't eliminate it without eliminate all human.
Snowflake_
Snowflake_

Posts : 127
Join date : 2015-04-09

Back to top Go down

Anime and cartoon  Empty Re: Anime and cartoon

Post by Biscotti on Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:23 pm

I said I sympathized with hating anime with a passion. And that is how I use to feel. 
Now I don't HATE it. Maybe hold an air of skepticism toward it initially but that's it.
Biscotti
Biscotti

Posts : 999
Join date : 2015-04-26

Back to top Go down

Anime and cartoon  Empty Re: Anime and cartoon

Post by Admin on Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:30 pm

@Snowflake_ wrote:
@Admin wrote:

I know that the most vocal section of the anime fandom is one with both a lot of disposable income, and a lot of free time, so that pandering to their wishes is the most profitable option for producers, and the path of least resistance. Anyone outside that group seems to be left out in the cold.




Rare MBTI type with Fi usually complaint the society like that.

Just because you are the rare type.

Anyway ,"outside that group seems to be left out in the cold" is too normal in human nature and market economy.Why they have to take care your needs without benefit?Prostitution (including  soft porn)is a very ancient industry,it's stand firm.You can't eliminate it without eliminate all human.
I dislike that the anime industry has become dominated by shows that pander to the sexualized parts of the fandom, all because they're the most vocal and have the most free time and disposable income. Pandering to them is profitable, but it hardly seems like there's any still being made for the purpose of telling a good story with compelling characters. I feel like integrity has been sold out.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Posts : 744
Join date : 2015-04-07

https://fortressresistingsexualsociety.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Anime and cartoon  Empty Re: Anime and cartoon

Post by Admin on Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:32 pm

@Biscotti wrote:I said I sympathized with hating anime with a passion. And that is how I use to feel. 
Now I don't HATE it. Maybe hold an air of skepticism toward it initially but that's it.

Did you hate it during the time when the anime hype was at its peak? When something is so hyped, there can be backlash against it just because it's everywhere and it seems like the only thing others are talking about. For a while I disliked anime too because it was just so over-hyped, but when the hype died down a bit, I could get interested in it without anyone pushing it on me.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Posts : 744
Join date : 2015-04-07

https://fortressresistingsexualsociety.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Anime and cartoon  Empty Re: Anime and cartoon

Post by Biscotti on Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:51 pm

I hated it as a kid because it looked "stupid" and sounded "stupid". But my experience was limited I saw it occaisonally when flipping channels and one of my main experiences from it were 3 stupid looking humans drawn right next to each other, only thing moving is their mouths and saying something then at the end they all said at the same time "or maybe it eats, human beings!"
Biscotti
Biscotti

Posts : 999
Join date : 2015-04-26

Back to top Go down

Anime and cartoon  Empty Re: Anime and cartoon

Post by Admin on Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:08 pm

@Biscotti wrote:I hated it as a kid because it looked "stupid" and sounded "stupid". But my experience was limited I saw it occaisonally when flipping channels and one of my main experiences from it were 3 stupid looking humans drawn right next to each other, only thing moving is their mouths and saying something then at the end they all said at the same time "or maybe it eats, human beings!"

A lot of the more popular anime is low-budget limited animation, which keeps movements to a minimum. It also doesn't help that a lot of anime dubbed in the 90's and early 2000's had bad dubs that included a lot of stating the obvious in the dialogue.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Posts : 744
Join date : 2015-04-07

https://fortressresistingsexualsociety.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Anime and cartoon  Empty Re: Anime and cartoon

Post by SCH0206 on Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:51 pm

@Admin wrote:
@Biscotti wrote:I hated it as a kid because it looked "stupid" and sounded "stupid". But my experience was limited I saw it occaisonally when flipping channels and one of my main experiences from it were 3 stupid looking humans drawn right next to each other, only thing moving is their mouths and saying something then at the end they all said at the same time "or maybe it eats, human beings!"

A lot of the more popular anime is low-budget limited animation, which keeps movements to a minimum. It also doesn't help that a lot of anime dubbed in the 90's and early 2000's had bad dubs that included a lot of stating the obvious in the dialogue.

Even though the dubs back then weren't the best quality, they introduced North American audiences to Japanese anime, so it's a blessing in disguise, at least to me it is.  I find some of them quite nostalgic.

SCH0206

Posts : 524
Join date : 2015-04-30

Back to top Go down

Anime and cartoon  Empty Re: Anime and cartoon

Post by Snowflake_ on Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:32 pm

[quote="Admin"][quote="Snowflake_"]
@Admin wrote:

I dislike that the anime industry has become dominated by shows that pander to the sexualized parts of the fandom, all because they're the most vocal and have the most free time and disposable income. Pandering to them is profitable, but it hardly seems like there's any still being made for the purpose of telling a good story with compelling characters. I feel like integrity has been sold out.

I read a book yesterday ,that book claim EVA(Neon Genesis Evangelion) started sexualized characters and use characters to sexually attract viewers as the main purpose of the anime.

Anyway,EVA sucks.
Snowflake_
Snowflake_

Posts : 127
Join date : 2015-04-09

Back to top Go down

Anime and cartoon  Empty Re: Anime and cartoon

Post by Away on Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:02 pm

.


Last edited by Sigh... on Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Away
Away

Posts : 1421
Join date : 2015-04-17

Back to top Go down

Anime and cartoon  Empty Re: Anime and cartoon

Post by Away on Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:03 pm

.


Last edited by Sigh... on Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Away
Away

Posts : 1421
Join date : 2015-04-17

Back to top Go down

Anime and cartoon  Empty Re: Anime and cartoon

Post by Admin on Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:11 pm

I grew up watching a lot of those older cartoons, and even remember watching that one, but didn't think anything of it at the time. There's a lot of innuendo that flew over my head for a long time. I can't understand people who talk about nothing but trying to find a sexual partner, and don't have any other interests than that. scratch

_________________
This fortress is for those resisting sexual society! See the main page for more information. This ongoing project is looking for contributors!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Posts : 744
Join date : 2015-04-07

https://fortressresistingsexualsociety.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Anime and cartoon  Empty Re: Anime and cartoon

Post by SCH0206 on Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:16 pm

"I can't understand people who talk about nothing but trying to find a sexual partner, and don't have any other interests than that. Anime and cartoon  Icon_scratch"

And they're the same people who say being single is either boring or pathetic.

SCH0206

Posts : 524
Join date : 2015-04-30

Back to top Go down

Anime and cartoon  Empty Re: Anime and cartoon

Post by Away on Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:33 am

.


Last edited by Sigh... on Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Away
Away

Posts : 1421
Join date : 2015-04-17

Back to top Go down

Anime and cartoon  Empty Re: Anime and cartoon

Post by Away on Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:16 pm

.


Last edited by Sigh... on Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Away
Away

Posts : 1421
Join date : 2015-04-17

Back to top Go down

Anime and cartoon  Empty Re: Anime and cartoon

Post by AzureSky on Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:02 am

I know there's sort of a different discussion going on here at the moment, but I had some thoughts on the anime discussion, so I thought if anywhere I would put it here.

I do think there's a lot of crappy and over sexualized anime (though you could say that for many other things as well). However, as poorly as it may be used in practice, in theory, anime is just an abbreviation of the word animation, usually used to refer to Japanese cartoons. Because it is simply a medium, it can theoretically be used for good or bad... Mediums are just one way of expressing ideas, and thus, are generally fairly neutral as a base.

For Japanese animation that I would consider very good (no sexual content, but I think a few of the movies may have some small amount of romantic content; it's not really a huge part of the plot however, and there are many without it) Hayao Miyazaki's films are considered to be classics. They're overall very quality films, and in a time where flashiness and popular appeal often take over media, I think Miyazaki's movies have a very nostalgic and gentle feel. It's definitely worth watching, if only for the animation.

However, Miyazaki's movies are so far from the anime mainstream that I even wonder if they count as anime, haha. 


I think in the end, like many other mediums, anime and cartoons have potential for great things (as animation is an incredibly versatile medium), but it is not always used. Most of what is created in general will turn out to be crap, but I think it's best to look for what is good rather than wasting time squandering in bad shows.
AzureSky
AzureSky

Posts : 32
Join date : 2017-10-14

Back to top Go down

Anime and cartoon  Empty Re: Anime and cartoon

Post by Biscotti on Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:51 pm

I'm aware of Miyazaki, but only know a bit of its work. Maybe someday I'll watch it. 
Tho I find a lot of enjoyment in bad shows. By which I mean campy or shoddily written shows. But different taste philosophies I spose.
Biscotti
Biscotti

Posts : 999
Join date : 2015-04-26

Back to top Go down

Anime and cartoon  Empty Re: Anime and cartoon

Post by AzureSky on Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:57 am

I actually enjoy campy shows myself haha.

I guess what I meant is when it's just distasteful. There's certain points where it goes from funny to plain gross or boring for me, and that's more of what I meant in regards to that;;;
AzureSky
AzureSky

Posts : 32
Join date : 2017-10-14

Back to top Go down

Anime and cartoon  Empty Re: Anime and cartoon

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum