Youtube...

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Youtube...

Post by x Nacht Klaue x on Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:18 pm

As you probably have seen, there are many videos about asexuals and asexuality but I haven't seen one single antisexual youtube channel! I understand that some people want to be anonymous, some people have that kind of personality, I have it too! so I understand such people. But I would like to see the first Antisexual youtube channel, if anyone (or an antisexual group) is willing to create such an channel, that would be great!

By the way, one can still be anonymous on youtube, but those that are anonymous don't get much subscribers unless it's something which really interests people, such as cooking, computer games, etc..

The only video about antisexual which I found is this... ha..ha..

x Nacht Klaue x

Back to top Go down

Re: Youtube...

Post by ForeverPure on Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:23 pm

I think if a female was willing to host a YouTube channel dedicated to antisexualism and star in the videos in a revealing top, then I think it would interest "people". If you are talking about interesting actual people, YouTube is not the place. That site, although I admittedly still use it, is more for spreading mass hysteria than seeking understanding from a movement such as ours.

If we were a pro-sodomy movement, that would be a different story of course. You would see the mites themselves flocking to the channel and most likely a number of "religious" individuals launching their crusade in the comments as well.

At the end of the day, your inbox will probably be full of either hate mail, "you have an interesting personality" or "do you ****urbate" messages. At the end of each video, you would also probably need to drain your pores of all the makeup YouTube "stars" (both "men" and "women") are expected to wear. You may also catch the infection of believing recording video blogs about one's lifestyle should actually be considered a job.

The plus side is that all other organs that do not appear on the video do not matter. You do not even need to shower because the viewers will not be able to smell you anyway (and if they can, showering will be the least of your concerns). In fact, you could probably remove your organic teeth as well and replace them all with prosthetics, that way instead of brushing your teeth - you could be working to furfill your subscribers endless need to hear you talk about how-so-antisexual-you-are-even-though-you-still-identify-as-a-trans-homo-bi-angular-roman-anglo-spacio-makio-wacko-sexual-and-have-"nonsexual"-romantic-relations-with-every-colour-of-the-rainbow.

Maybe after a few years of dedicating oneself to the channel, your internal organs will have sunk into your body and your skin become one with your chair, infusing your bone structure with it permanently. Bacteria will grow from your room and slowly spread and engulf the Earth, spreading the most corrupted and terrifying form of antisexualism imaginable to every life form known to man.

In summary, that is my imaginary view of what a popular antisexual channel on YouTube would be.
ForeverPure

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:47 pm

I wouldn't expect anyone here to dedicate that much time to a Youtube channel. Still, it'd be nice if we could more easily get our message across in different channels of communication. What it is to be antisexual should be clear in terms of behavior: rejecting sex, and not trying to skirt the line between what is sexual and what isn't.
Admin
Admin

https://fortressresistingsexualsociety.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Biscotti on Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:58 pm

@foreverpure
El oh el, what are you going on about?

Last edited by Biscotti on Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Biscotti

Back to top Go down

Post by x Nacht Klaue x on Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:09 pm

@ForeverPure wrote:At the end of the day, your inbox will probably be full of either hate mail, "you have an interesting personality" or "do you ****urbate" messages. At the end of each video, you would also probably need to drain your pores of all the makeup YouTube "stars" (both "men" and "women") are expected to wear. You may also catch the infection of believing recording video blogs about one's lifestyle should actually be considered a job.

Not at all. One can change the settings so that no one can comment the videos, same with PM, if people don't wish to receive private messages, they can do the same thing, change in the settings so that no one can send you private messages. One can also hide the video rating (like/dislike).

lol people can be how they wanna be, what matters is wether they are wise and knowledgable (knows what they are talking about) or the opposite. Your view of youtube has to do what kind of videos you have been  watching. If you have watched videos by serious and knowledgable people you would have a more positive view of it. For example this video, it's made by an 18 year old asexual girl, she wear no such make up, and she has not done anything special with the hair, she is just herself. This video has 353 likes and 4 dislikes (probably by jealous people or clicked by accident) and she has 234 subscribers which shows that people are interested to listen to her "spoken word". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5sK2sIYSTk

@ForeverPure wrote:Maybe after a few years of dedicating oneself to the channel, your internal organs will have sunk into your body and your skin become one with your chair, infusing your bone structure with it permanently. Bacteria will grow from your room and slowly spread and engulf the Earth, spreading the most corrupted and terrifying form of antisexualism imaginable to every life form known to man.

Haaahahahahaha!! Oh sh--t lol so funny :D

@ForeverPure wrote:In summary, that is my imaginary view of what a popular antisexual channel on YouTube would be.

Crazy imaginary :P
x Nacht Klaue x

Back to top Go down

Post by x Nacht Klaue x on Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:26 pm

@Admin wrote:I wouldn't expect anyone here to dedicate that much time to a Youtube channel. Still, it'd be nice if we could more easily get our message across in different channels of communication. What it is to be antisexual should be clear in terms of behavior: rejecting sex, and not trying to skirt the line between what is sexual and what isn't.

My thought was to spread the message where most people are.

I had no idea about that there was an asexual forum until I saw David Jay in a TV-show, he was talking about asexuality and mentioned the forum. So that's how I found that forum.

x Nacht Klaue x

Back to top Go down

Post by x Nacht Klaue x on Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:32 pm

@Biscotti wrote:@foreverpure
El oh el, what are you going on about?

And I was wondering what El oh el means

L (El) O (oh) L (el) = lol!
x Nacht Klaue x

Back to top Go down

Post by Panache on Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:59 pm

Pure Life wrote:
But I would like to see the first Antisexual youtube channel, if anyone (or an antisexual group) is willing to create such an channel, that would be great!

I totally second this motion, just…not I. As you might have noticed from my mad formatting skillz, technology is not my strong suit. Youtube is one of the first places I go to when I’m learning about a new topic, however, and the more representation the better! Probably the major barrier in my path to becoming antisexual was lack of information, and I specifically remember the lack of virtually anything on youtube as being particularly frustrating, because I was brand new to the idea and had no idea where to look for information, or even for terms to google.

OMG, ForeverPure, I look forward to every one of your posts.
Panache

Back to top Go down

Post by x Nacht Klaue x on Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:38 pm

Maybe if we create a antisexual organization, then we can create youtube, twitter and facebook as well :D Or maybe it will just be something which will remain in my imagination forever.. :/
x Nacht Klaue x

Back to top Go down

Post by Panache on Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:20 pm

What all might an antisexual youtube channel have on it? Maybe if we brainstormed some ideas an enterprising soul out there might get inspired and put something out there.
Panache

Back to top Go down

Post by x Nacht Klaue x on Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:48 am

It's only to get contact with people around the world. From such social media to this forum. lol That would be great :D But it's not really the same because they might not have same ideas and goals as I have. It has to be same goals. And my goal is to focus more on how to protect the children and teenagers and of course those that already are in relationship and suffer because they don't know that they don't have to be in a sexual relationship if they don't want to.

But that's just good if some antisexual would create more sites :D
x Nacht Klaue x

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:46 pm

There are a lot of possible topics that we've only just gotten started discussing. Should we elaborate more on those topics first?

To me, I've understood the antisexual community as having a lot of variation within it; our specific viewpoints vary, but there are still some common narratives and ideas that tie us together such as the need for a refuge from the sexual world, to defend ourselves and others from the pressure to have sex, and that we value the truth, against the lies that sexual society tries to shove on us all.

I've seen some with different goals. Some may be looking more for the social support aspect, while others are looking to have critical discussions, but these aren't incompatible with each other.

I'm pretty much only used to forums and blogs. I used to use tumblr, but it has changed so much that I barely know how to use it anymore. scratch

I've been wanting to bring up more of the topics on the blog here: https://fortressresistingsexualsociety.wordpress.com/posts/

I'd like to bring up more topics there, and encourage discussion in the comments.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by x Nacht Klaue x on Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:43 pm

Yea, I had tumblr before, it was a headache so I deleted it lol. I would say that wordpress is one of the best blog sites and has most members. Weebly is also good and easy to use.

I read yesterday in another thread something about Fortress symbol? What's that?:) I didn't know it was a symbol of something connected with antisexuality? Please, explain, curious! :)

By the way, is the term "antisexual" correctly pronounced in that video above? sounds weird.
I pronounce it like ANN-TEA-SEXUAL :D
x Nacht Klaue x

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:04 pm

I've been using WordPress for a year, and I like it! I also wrote about the fortress and lighthouse symbolism on the About page, under the "About the name and symbolism" header: https://fortressresistingsexualsociety.wordpress.com/about/

I think that symbolism describes our values, despite our differences in specific viewpoints, as we're confident in our decision to never have sex, and our confidence in not compromising our principles. It is also a symbol of resistance as we're actively resisting against the societal pressure to have sex, but are also seeking to defend others' right to say no to it, and seeking others out who need a refuge.

I don't know if you saw it, but my main blog is called Cake at the Fortress, with the same symbolism, but with another one: that I don't intend for there to be any conflict of interest between me being involved in both the asexual and antisexual communities.

Usually, "anti" is pronounced "ann-tie", but I've seen a few pronounce it as "ann-tea".
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by x Nacht Klaue x on Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:41 am

@Admin wrote:I've been using WordPress for a year, and I like it! I also wrote about the fortress and lighthouse symbolism on the About page, under the "About the name and symbolism" header: https://fortressresistingsexualsociety.wordpress.com/about/

Oh nice!! I just read in the dictionary about these 2 words and it really fits into what antisexuality stands for! Clever choice :)

@Admin wrote:I think that symbolism describes our values, despite our differences in specific viewpoints, as we're confident in our decision to never have sex, and our confidence in not compromising our principles. It is also a symbol of resistance as we're actively resisting against the societal pressure to have sex, but are also seeking to defend others' right to say no to it, and seeking others out who need a refuge.

Makes sense!

@Admin wrote:I don't know if you saw it, but my main blog is called Cake at the Fortress, with the same symbolism, but with another one: that I don't intend for there to be any conflict of interest between me being involved in both the asexual and antisexual communities.

Funny blog name :P I will look into that blog :)

@Admin wrote:Usually, "anti" is pronounced "ann-tie", but I've seen a few pronounce it as "ann-tea".

Oh ok. ann-tie sounds unusal to me hehe. But good to know for my understanding of english:)
x Nacht Klaue x

Back to top Go down

Post by x Nacht Klaue x on Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:00 pm

I decided to create an antisexual youtube channel. I will not write anything about antisexualism, I will write that they can visit https://fortressresistingsexualsociety.wordpress.com/about/ to know more about antisexuality :)

YAY first english Antisexual youtube channel :D (have not created it yet, will when I get time..)

Last edited by ☆x Pure Life x☆ on Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
x Nacht Klaue x

Back to top Go down

Post by x Nacht Klaue x on Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:12 pm

What name should the channel have..?
x Nacht Klaue x

Back to top Go down

Post by Biscotti on Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:32 pm

Just saw this on one of the channels I follow (Not the channel that posted this but the umbrella network it's under)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxwya5nux1E

My gosh I facepalmed the moment I saw it listed preferred pronouns for the host. Disliked by the time they got into "gray-ace" and a bunch of other nonsense terms (potentially, I was kind of tuning it out by then).
Also it was laughably stereotypical. The person they interview goes on how she gathers inspiration from...Sherlock Fanfiction. She freaking did a college thesis on SHERLOCK FANFICTION.

(Rewatched it to make sure that the thesis wasn't about the sociology behind fanfiction culture, or something that was asigned or some kind of lazy topic choice all of which I'd understand but apparently the thesis was about fanfiction because "fanfiction is a medium where exploring sexuality is the norm".

..I don't know what to say.)
Biscotti

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverPure on Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:58 pm

@Biscotti wrote:Just saw this on one of the channels I follow (Not the channel that posted this but the umbrella network it's under)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxwya5nux1E

My gosh I facepalmed the moment I saw it listed preferred pronouns for the host. Disliked by the time they got into "gray-ace" and a bunch of other nonsense terms (potentially, I was kind of tuning it out by then).
Also it was laughably stereotypical. The person they interview goes on how she gathers inspiration from...Sherlock Fanfiction. She freaking did a college thesis on SHERLOCK FANFICTION.

(Rewatched it to make sure that the thesis wasn't about the sociology behind fanfiction culture, or something that was asigned or some kind of lazy topic choice all of which I'd understand but apparently the thesis was about fanfiction because "fanfiction is a medium where exploring sexuality is the norm".

..I don't know what to say.)

"fan fiction is a medium where exploring sexuality is the norm"

Very cringe worthy, but could have been worse. The individual could have claimed to still be "asexual" and be in an intimate relationship at the same time because the individual "cares" for their partner. Does not help that the individual nearly fits the perfect profile of our gender-bended and hipster ridden society in North America.
ForeverPure

Back to top Go down

Post by Panache on Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:14 am

@Admin wrote:There are a lot of possible topics that we've only just gotten started discussing. Should we elaborate more on those topics first?

I wasn’t thinking of an exhaustive list of topics or anything, but youtube is a type of media that might be uniquely or especially suitable to some things. The way there are tags that people do, the Sibling Tag and the Tin Can Challenge and so on. Maybe somebody could come up with tags/games with an antisexual bent.

There’s also the possibility of making fan videos with a more anti bent. I could imagine a (light-hearted) multifandom mashup of, say, Katniss from Hunger Games, Cas from Supernatural, Spock, Sherlock, Illya Kuryakin, to MC Hammer’s “Can’t Touch This.” Or someone could do a serious music video of characters who have been sexually abused in coercive circumstances, say (POTENTIAL SPOILERS) Lolita, Lucretia Borgia, the sisters from Dogtooth, the children in Flowers in the Attic, the young lady in Rules of Attraction, maybe to Emilie Autumn’s “I Want My Innocence Back,” with a view to being more angry and empowering than helpless and despairing.

What I would have really liked when I was first learning antisexualism was a thing would have been some top 10 lists: Top 10 Headcanon Antisexual Characters (since there are probably no canon), Top 10 Antisexual Websites (are there 10?), Top 10 Reasons to Become Antisexual, 10 Movies Without Sex or Romance, 10 Anti-Romantic Movies for Valentine’s Day, 10 Books for Antisexuals, 10 Documentaries for Antisexuals, Top 10 Literary (or Movie, TV Show, Comics, etc.) Sibling Relationships (or Mother-Daughter Relationships, Cousin, Uncle-Nephew, etc. and Friendships, Cross-Generational Friendships, Opposite-Sex Friendships, etc.), 10 Canon Couples Who Would Be Better as Friends.

Some short information-based videos would also be appreciated: the way Dr. Michael Greger makes short videos on youtube about recent nutrition research, if someone really knew their stuff and could make such videos related to research on sexual behaviors and limerence, I could see that being a really powerful force for the movement. The reporting would have to be unbiased and not antisexual to be worth anything, but the weight of the evidence is with us so it’d come out antisexual anyway, unless the person was so pro-sexual they massively skewed their presentation of information.

Just a video of someone sitting down and saying, “Hello, I’m antisexual. Here’s why,” would be a major contribution that doesn’t exist right now.
Pure Life wrote:And my goal is to focus more on how to protect the children and teenagers and of course those that already are in relationship and suffer because they don't know that they don't have to be in a sexual relationship if they don't want to.
Amen to that.
@Biscotti wrote:My gosh I facepalmed the moment I saw it listed preferred pronouns for the host.
 Wow. PBS sure has changed since the days I used to watch it. At first I was sure the clip had to be some sort of parody, but apparently the world has just gotten that...different. I wish English still had the gender-neutral third-singular pronoun "a" so this awkwardness didn't come up. All our other pronouns are gender-neutral; third-singular is the only one that's weird like that.
Panache

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:24 pm

I can't do videos, but those are great topics to discuss, which could lead to videos and new articles for the main page later. Smile

The research videos sound very ambitious, and would require a lot of research. I'd like to be able to find information. Would we be looking to compile articles or videos about how for example, limerence impairs judgment in a relationship, and how it may interact with sexual attraction? A complicating factor is that nonsexual relationships could still have limerence, and insecure attachment styles.

EDIT: I created a media recommendations thread here: http://iamfortress.forumotion.com/t77-movie-book-tv-show-recommendations
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Biscotti on Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:32 pm

Found this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-r7dc5Exlc
Biscotti

Back to top Go down

Post by x Nacht Klaue x on Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:25 pm

@Biscotti wrote:Found this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-r7dc5Exlc

I can't remember if I've watched this video before, but I've watched another video by another guy who also is against sex, he hate sex because of his interpretation of christianity. As for this one, I don't know. Most of the videos about hating sex is made for fun :/ But these are serious.

This one you posted seem to be antisexual :) He maybe don't know about antisexualism maybe then he would come to this forum :P

Thanks for sharing the link! I agree with what he said:)
x Nacht Klaue x

Back to top Go down

Post by x Nacht Klaue x on Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:47 am

I uploaded a video.. Only you can see it.. because it's unlisted.. I wanted to ask if you like it before I make it public to others...

x Nacht Klaue x

Back to top Go down

Post by x Nacht Klaue x on Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:55 am

I wanted to add this song.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFb_KI5CXn0

but I thought it might be copyrighted, so I didn't do it.. it sounds like he is singing "i'm f-ck you" eh. But I would have edited it.. So now my video is without music because I didn't find any good free music..
x Nacht Klaue x

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next