First guest post opportunity!

Go down

First guest post opportunity!

Post by Admin on Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:48 pm

The blog will be used to keep track of updates to the other pages, will be used to announce guest post opportunities, and post them. One of the goals of FORTRESS is to write about us, by us. There isn't much in the way of information about us that we wrote; there's a lot more about us, written by outsiders, and of questionable accuracy, so it's time we take matters into our own hands.

The theme for this first guest post opportunity is introducing oneself: How, and when did come to the conclusion to reject sex, and be antisexual? Related questions to this theme to write about are:

How difficult was it to find this path, and how long did it take? For example, did you know you didn't want sex, but ever doubted that life without it was a real option? Or did you try to convince yourself to want sex? Did you end up caving into the pressure to have it, only to break free from it later? If you never did, how did you avoid caving in?

Was your decision influenced by other parts of your identity, or influenced by any ideologies or movements that you adhere to?

Submissions can be sent by sending a PM to me, and when ready, I could post it on the blog.

Last edited by Admin on Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Admin
Admin

https://fortressresistingsexualsociety.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: First guest post opportunity!

Post by ForeverPure on Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:43 am

Good work on the blog, you definitely bring up some good points on the "Misconceptions" page. I definitely agree that abstinence is only accepted by society under certain conditions - the most popular being waiting until marriage (ages 18 and over). With the onslaught of rape culture, abstinence is becoming ever-more rare. It does not take long to find terms like "consensual rape" on the internet or people saying, "she was asking for it".

Even worse, female rapists are often glamorized and their victims (if male) are considered "lucky". There are many people who believe that rapists can be "cured" through "rehabilitation". Rapists can be cured all right, right in the comfort of a sealed gas chamber.
ForeverPure

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:22 am

@ForeverPure wrote:Good work on the blog, you definitely bring up some good points on the "Misconceptions" page. I definitely agree that abstinence is only accepted by society under certain conditions - the most popular being waiting until marriage (ages 18 and over). With the onslaught of rape culture, abstinence is becoming ever-more rare. It does not take long to find terms like "consensual rape" on the internet or people saying, "she was asking for it".

Even worse, female rapists are often glamorized and their victims (if male) are considered "lucky". There are many people who believe that rapists can be "cured" through "rehabilitation". Rapists can be cured all right, right in the comfort of a sealed gas chamber.

Thanks! I'm glad you like it so far! Smile Abstaining until marriage does seem like one of the only accepted reasons by society to not have sex, which puts a lot of pressure on anyone who wants to say no for longer, or for any other reason. After all, if they and us aren't waiting until marriage, what "excuse" do we have to say no? Rolling Eyes

Unfortunately, I've dealt with people who said there is no legitimate reason to abstain, and that those who do only do so out of fear or shame of sexuality, and I've heard of people talk about "consensual rape".

One of the aspects of rape culture is that it has a very twisted definition of consent, and denies many instances of rape by claiming that the victim consented while disregarding what consent actually is or not. Which explains the "she was asking for it" (because she was drinking, or what she was wearing, etc.) rhetoric, and the disbelief that male victims of female rapists face. Evil or Very Mad

Even among the abstinence-until-marriage crowd, there can still be a lot of pressure to have sex, by being pressured to marry the first person one dates!
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:15 pm

I made a blog post announcing it, with more details: https://fortressresistingsexualsociety.wordpress.com/2015/09/01/first-guest-post-opportunity-the-path-taken-to-reject-sex/

I could get started with a post introducing myself to get started, and I hope that'll encourage others. Smile
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down