Something weird going on in Japan?

Go down

Something weird going on in Japan?

Post by x Nacht Klaue x on Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:57 pm

I have come across news about that Japan has got problem with people who don't want to have sex. It has obviously become something common in Japan to not wanna marry or have children. I don't know if this is true or not. and another thing I read about is "parasite single". you can google these by yourself. It's interesting, I mean why Japan of all other countries? What do you think about this? Is Japan about to become the first antisexual country in the world?

I have also read about the japanese sex doll industry. It's something that is growing in Japan. seems like the men has become more interested in sex dolls than real women. I know that people in other countries have sex dolls as well, but the dolls in Japan is different, because they are like robots, they can move and it looks and feels like real humans, when you touch them..  They look creepy. When I saw these dolls on the news, I really felt sorry for them. They don't have any soul, but still, it's like the dolls are being raped. Really disgusting how some people see women as sex object, so they create sex dolls because with sex dolls I guess they can do what they want with them. That's really insane.

Last edited by Pure Life on Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:58 am; edited 1 time in total
x Nacht Klaue x

Back to top Go down

Re: Something weird going on in Japan?

Post by Admin on Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:58 pm

It sounds like a mix of both ideological and pragmatic reasons; wanting freedom from the gender roles, and for economic reasons. I think personal freedom is the overarching reason for rejecting sex, and economic reasons being another major one, but it's interesting to look at how these reasons appear across different cultures.

To summarize, since the 1990's, Japan's economy has been stagnant, and job security is a lot lower than it used to be. Sexual relationships are still closely tied to marriage and the gender roles. Women are still commonly expected to quit their jobs in favor of motherhood when marrying, while men are expected to be the providers of the household.

So a lot of women are choosing to not marry and not have sex in order to be more independent, and many men are choosing to not marry and not have sex, because of all the uncertainty and pressure over being the sole provider for a family in a time and place of low job security. As for the sex doll industry, I haven't read up on that, but I'm guessing it's because some men still want sexual contact, minus the risks and social expectations.
Admin
Admin

https://fortressresistingsexualsociety.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by x Nacht Klaue x on Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:28 am

Ah, that makes sense. Many newspapers tend to lie about things, so I always look for evidence. But in this case it can be difficult to know. I know that in China you must not have more than one child. If the reason for not wanting to marry or have children is because of economic reasons and those things you mentioned, then it makes sense.

It's one of the countries were prostitution is common. Just because some people don't marry or have children it does not mean they don't have a sexual life, actually. we never know. In any case, this reminded me of prostitution, this is something which we should shed light on. In a new thread when I get some time..

x Nacht Klaue x

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:51 am

I looked up "parasite singles". The dynamics are interesting, and not entirely parasitic, if the parents are okay with still financially supporting their children. A lot of young adults live with their parents, because the cost of living is so high in Japan.

Here's a detailed article of the parasite single phenomenon in Japan, analyzing 3 different theories behind it; one emphasizes choice for both single adults and their parents, one emphasizes economic necessity (regarding the economic factors that may push someone into this lifestyle), and another emphasizes opposition to the gender roles. However, as the conclusion shows, these theories don't completely explain the phenomenon, nor whether parasite singles are unable, or unwilling to move out.

Another related term used in Japanese is "freeter", referring to young adults who only work low-wage, part-time jobs. Many of them still live with their parents because to move out is too expensive on their income, and the longer someone is a freeter, the harder it is for them to find a full-time job, and it's harder to marry.

That phenomenon is also common in some other countries, due to cultural attitudes and/or economic factors.

In Western cultures, there are two similar phenomena. One in the US is called a "twixter", which is described as being similar to being a freeter or parasite single. Another is the "Boomerang Generation", referring to those who lived on their own, but moved back in with their parents due to economic reasons, such as loss of employment.
Admin
Admin

https://fortressresistingsexualsociety.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Panache on Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:12 pm

Incase anyone is looking for information on this down the road, the issue has also been discussed in this thread: http://iamfortress.forumotion.com/t81-you-can-diy-some-asexual-mice-by-this-way

Japan is the last surviving major shame culture, and paradigms of sexuality are incredibly different in shame cultures. It’s not fair to overlay our guilt culture attitudes onto Japan in order to try to figure out why they’re so different from everyone else. From birth people in shame cultures are raised to ignore their identity as much as possible in favor of playing roles, and to ignore their own needs in favor of the needs of the collective. Before Japan westernized, it was assumed that every single man and woman would get married and have children, usually by at least 20. Marriage was by consensual arrangement (as consensual as things can get when if you reject one partner, it just means you’re going to have to pick a different one), and virtually everyone got married and had children, because it was what they were supposed to do.

I believe the problem is that Japan is still a shame culture, but has tried to adopt guilt culture values and ways of doing things. So Japanese people have tried to talk themselves into romance and dating and keeping a boyfriend/girlfriend and love at first sight. This doesn’t work so well when you’ve been trained not to know what you want, and if you do know, to ignore it in favor of what you’re supposed to want, or what everyone else wants. And ultimately in our culture getting married amd having children is optional, so as long as Japanese people feel they don’t have to get married, many choose not to. Also because both men and women feel it’s their duty to go to school, go to college, have a career, make money, and support their parents, all to the utmost of their ability, there’s very little room for getting married and having children, especially since they feel that’s more optional. There’s also a huge amount of pressure for women who have children to end their careers and stay home after that, and for parents to invest every cent they make, either directly or indirectly, in their children, so there are strong financial incentives for not having children. And I bet for a lot of women they’d feel it was selfish to end their careers to have children, especially after all the money that had been invested into their education: now they owe it to their families to try their hardest at their careers.

If I were running things, and I wanted to reverse Japanese population decline, I believe it could easily be resolved by turning marriage and having children into duties again. If the Emperor got on television and said, “Everyone, the Japanese population is in decline. Our culture is at hazard of going extinct. We all must act together against this danger! Every man between the ages of 25 and 50, and every woman between the ages of 20 and 35, I say to you: it is your duty to be married! It is your duty to bear children! Men, you must support your wives in remaining home to raise the next generation of the Japanese. It is shameful to let your parents, who are old and gray, die with adult children, and yet no grandchildren to bring delight in agedness. I say to the people of Japan: you all must do your duty in this way, and together fight to save the Japanese culture.” There. Problem solved in five minutes. I seriously doubt the Japanese would ever come up with this as a solution, though, as it would require too much decisiveness to decide to go for it.
Panache

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down