Everything about everything and nothing

Page 1 of 29 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next

Go down

Everything about everything and nothing

Post by x Skull Child x on Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:28 pm

In this thread you can discuss about anything and nothing.. such as "i'm eating cookies, yummy.."

yea, you get it :)

x Skull Child x

Back to top Go down

Re: Everything about everything and nothing

Post by x Skull Child x on Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:31 pm

I wonder what's the difference between castle and fortress?

I love castles, it's so beautiful.

Last edited by ☆x Pure Life x☆ on Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
x Skull Child x

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:30 pm

Castles are a particular type of fortress; one where nobility and royalty reside in.
Admin
Admin

https://fortressresistingsexualsociety.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by x Skull Child x on Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:45 am

Ah, ok. Thanks for clarifying it :)
x Skull Child x

Back to top Go down

Post by x Skull Child x on Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:09 am

Funny thing.. This room is ANTIsexual and I think the word "sex" is more often used on this forum than on sexual forums lol
x Skull Child x

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverPure on Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:21 am

Pure Life wrote:Funny thing.. This room is ANTIsexual and I think the word "sex" is more often used on this forum than on sexual forums lol

They use more colourful terms, like "love" and "romance" instead of more carnal words like "copulation".
ForeverPure

Back to top Go down

Post by x Skull Child x on Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:38 pm

lol yea that's true
x Skull Child x

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:57 am

We also talk about it the same way that non-religious people talk about religion, and how it impacts their own life despite not being religious themselves, and how it impacts others' lives, but may there not be any conflict between the religious and non-religious members here.

I saw this thread as soon as I got home, but I didn't respond right away because I was so tired. I got nearly 12 hours of sleep last night.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:44 pm

I'd like to make what Panache posted here:http://iamfortress.forumotion.com/t52-target-audience-fail#272 into a forum game of sorts. I wanted to roll with the idea of us being camping in a fortress telling stories when things happen, into a game. I'm not good at text-based forum games though.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Panache on Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:12 pm

@Admin wrote:I'd like to make what Panache posted here:http://iamfortress.forumotion.com/t52-target-audience-fail#272 into a forum game of sorts. I wanted to roll with the idea of us being camping in a fortress telling stories when things happen, into a game. I'm not good at text-based forum games though.
This is going to show my lack of computeryness...could you please explain to me what a forum game is and how it works? Because whatever it is, if I get a battleaxe, I'd like to play.
Panache

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:36 pm

@Panache wrote:
@Admin wrote:I'd like to make what Panache posted here:http://iamfortress.forumotion.com/t52-target-audience-fail#272 into a forum game of sorts. I wanted to roll with the idea of us being camping in a fortress telling stories when things happen, into a game. I'm not good at text-based forum games though.
This is going to show my lack of computeryness...could you please explain to me what a forum game is and how it works? Because whatever it is, if I get a battleaxe, I'd like to play.

By forum games, I mean starting a thread to make a text-based game, and members contribute to it by posting. The first post contains the rules of the game.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Panache on Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:30 am

Addictive behaviors are like Irish step-dancing on the edge of a cliff – you might not fall off and become addicted, and in the meantime it might be fun, but if you slip up at all, or even stop paying attention to how risky what you’re doing is, or if there are any negative impacts at all – a gust of wind, somebody bothers you – you’ll fall off, and then it’ll be too late. Even if you’re a master Irish step-dancer and do everything perfectly, the ground could still crumble beneath you unexpectedly. So why Irish step-dance on the edge of a cliff at all, when there are so many other excellent things you could be doing? Of course, some people say you haven’t lived until you’ve Irish step-danced on the edge of a cliff…yet still, miraculously, I’m happy doing other things.

Aaand I believe that metaphor is my cue that I need to go to sleep.
Panache

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:45 am

I like that metaphor! Very Happy

We've reached the 300th forum post milestone earlier today, and today or tomorrow will be the 100th day of this forum.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SCH0206 on Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:02 pm

@Admin wrote:I like that metaphor! Very Happy

We've reached the 300th forum post milestone earlier today, and today or tomorrow will be the 100th day of this forum.

You were actually keeping count?  Laughing   Those are interesting facts, though.

SCH0206

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:04 pm

I can see the statistics of the forum, but it's always nice to reach a milestone. Smile
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SCH0206 on Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:06 pm

@Admin wrote:I can see the statistics of the forum, but it's always nice to reach a milestone. Smile

Oh, ok.  That explains it.  It's nice that this forum has gained new members in the past few months, and continues to (albeit, slowly) grow.

SCH0206

Back to top Go down

Post by x Skull Child x on Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:08 am

I don't like kisses or hugs from anyone. And I have read that many of the other antisexual people feel the same.. I would like to know how you feel about if an animal behave like this cat does in this video towards you..? how would you feel about it?.. I always feel sexually harassed when people do things against my will, no matter if it's a human or an animal. This is probably how cats are playing. Animals play in their own ways. I would not like that an animal were licking me and behaving like this towards me. This is like the only reason why I can't have a cat. I know that not all cats behaves like this but I can't buy a cat and return it back if I see this behavior, that's not nice to do to anyone. I have been thinking about buying a pet lately.

x Skull Child x

Back to top Go down

Post by x Skull Child x on Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:42 pm

Another thing.. Would you ever buy pets with opposite gender? The male animal would probably try to "make children" with the female one.. It's their natural behavior.. What is your thoughts about it? as for me, It would cause me permanent psychological damage if I come home one day and find them "doing that" Shocked No

There are homeless cats, rabbits who lives in small cages, and If I can try give such animals a better life, then why not. But to buy 1 female and 1 male, I would not do that. I have read that some animals get aggressive when they have their "sexual period" I just googled: "in heat" ? Is it really like this? I would not like to have a aggressive sexual excited pet near me. That's scary.

There are animals who tries to "make children" with peoples leg. You probably have seen dogs doing that on TV? or if you have a dog, they try to make children with anything, legs, chairs, pillows, etc.. This is why I would never buy a male pet. Maybe I should just buy a bird? but the thing with them is that they poop everywhere. It's hard work..

Last edited by Pure Life on Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:52 pm; edited 3 times in total
x Skull Child x

Back to top Go down

Post by SCH0206 on Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:48 pm

Pure Life wrote:Another thing.. Would you ever buy pets with opposite gender? The male animal would probably try to "make children" with the female one.. What is your thoughts about it? as for me, It would cause me permanent psychological damage. It's their natural behavior.

There are homeless cats, rabbits who lives in small cages, and If I can try give such animals a better life, then why not. But to buy 1 female and 1 male, I would not do that. I have read that some animals get aggressive when they have their "sexual period" I just googled: "in heat" ? Is it really like this? I would not like to have a aggressive sexual excited pet near me. That's scary.

There are animals who tries to "make children" with peoples leg. You probably have seen dogs doing that on TV? or if you have a dog, they try to make children with anything, legs, chairs, pillows, etc.. This is why I would never buy a male pet. Maybe I should just buy a bird? but the thing with them is that they poop everywhere. It's hard work..

That's why one should spay or neuter a pet while it's still young so that they won't have those problems later.  Altering a pet also prolongs its life and protect it from cancers and urinary problems.

SCH0206

Back to top Go down

Post by x Skull Child x on Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:57 pm

Some people do that, yea. they usualy mention it in the newspaper ads when they sell it. But I think it's wrong. I have always been against people who tries to do things against other peoples will, I think same about the animals. But if it has already been castrated then I would not mind to buy it. I don't know if i'm right person to take care of furry animals..

I don't think it's meant for animals to live with people inside a house or apartment. Like for example a rabbit's natural behavior is to dig and other things. I read that they can develop behavioral problems if they live in apartment.
x Skull Child x

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:00 pm

My family has had a male bird and a female bird of the same type, and the female did lay eggs a lot. It's not safe to spay a small bird, but it was bad for her health to lay so many eggs, which she did even though she never kept them warm enough to hatch. If I had birds of my own, I'd have them be all male or all female.

Having male and female cats or dogs together isn't a problem as long as they are all spayed or neutered. It will remove those behaviors, and they will be healthier.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Panache on Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:38 pm

Pure Life wrote:Some people do that, yea. they usualy mention it in the newspaper ads when they sell it. But I think it's wrong. I have always been against people who tries to do things against other peoples will, I think same about the animals. But if it has already been castrated then I would not mind to buy it. I don't know if i'm right person to take care of furry animals..

I don't think it's meant for animals to live with people inside a house or apartment. Like for example a rabbit's natural behavior is to dig and other things. I read that they can develop behavioral problems if they live in apartment.
If there are feral cats in your area, you might consider just feeding them and seeing if you can offer them a warm(er) shelter and maybe a cat bed. Feral cats can often be largely tamed up, if you're interested in that, and a tamed-up feral cat will almost certainly be less lovey-dovey that the cat in that video. If they're feral, you could also give them the option of coming and going from your house/apartment, if you wanted to offer them some shelter but didn't want to confine them.

I say "them," though it might be just one.

Fair warning, unless they're declawed or you put claw caps on them your furniture will be imperiled. Scratchers and trimming just don't cut it (no pun intended).

I have no experience with rabbits, however if you decide to adopt cats I'd strongly recommend you get at least two (though maybe not both at once), so they can have a buddy and not be lonely.

I don't know if this is an issue where you live, however, if it is, you might consider seeking out a no-kill shelter to support.

At least where I live, it's impossible to adopt a dog or cat from a shelter that hasn't been spayed or neutered. If you don't want to support that - craigslist? newspaper ads? In that instance, yeah, definitely wouldn't be a good idea to get a male and a female, as there are enough unwanted pets in the world as it. Intact males will also fight each other, and spray. Where I live, there are not inconsiderable annual licensing fees for owning an intact female cat - that might be something important to look into.

Maybe some books on cat and rabbit care? Though the books on cat care I've read trend more towards "painfully conventional" rather than good advice.
Panache

Back to top Go down

Post by Panache on Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:53 pm

I forgot to add, if you're that opposed to violence against animals, I wonder if you're vegan. Cats are obligate carnivores, and while they can be fed a vegan diet if it's supplemented (VegeCat is by far the most common supplement for this purpose), to me there are also ethical issues with making a creature in your care eat a diet so radically different from what it was designed to eat, so this might be another issue to consider. Also, the pet food industry is repellant, and has more than a little Soylent Green about it, which is dangerous for us humans as well as for cats. Feeding cats raw meat and fish would be preferable both nutritionally and, by my view, morally, however this might be something you're not comfortable with.

Just some other possible considerations. I'm glad you're taking the time to consider the issues first before making your decision. A lot of people see a cute kitten at the mall and just buy it.
Panache

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:15 pm

Some feral cats will allow you near them, but won't allow themselves to be petted. Some may grow to trust you, but still remain aloof otherwise. However, most ferals aren't spayed or neutered, and there are health risks and behavior problems associated with it.

If you adopt a cat from a shelter, it will most likely already be spayed or neutered, so you wouldn't have to take in your cat to go through with it, but it's considered ethical, because overpopulation leading to so many unwanted pets born to suffer, and never find homes.

Shelters don't declaw cats, because it is unethical, but cats that already brought in declawed may also be available for adoption. Cats have different personality types, and the staff at a shelter can also help you find a cat. Would you want a cat that's more energetic or more mellow? More aloof or more affectionate? Would you want a cat that likes other cats, or wants to be an only cat?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:03 pm

Over 70 posts have been made so far this month, and we're only about halfway through. At that rate, this will be the most active month. Smile

I feel kind of guilty though, because there is a related forum that I admin, that used to be quite active. It has over 2,000 posts total, but its activity has slowed to a crawl over the past few months, but I haven't had much time for it, because of the time I've been spending here.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 29 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum