Love cynicism

4 posters

Go down

Love cynicism Empty Love cynicism

Post by Biscotti Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:27 pm

Do you think love is a thing culturally because it's a way to control the populace?
Yes. Sounds about right.

Here's a video this board might find entertaining.

Biscotti
Biscotti

Back to top Go down

Love cynicism Empty Re: Love cynicism

Post by SCH0206 Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:22 am

Here's an article that questions love. It was written in 1999, but it's quite poignant: https://www.thecrimson.com/article/1999/3/17/rethinking-the-meaning-of-love-pbtbhese/

SCH0206

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobbb1 Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:06 pm

Last edited by Sigh... on Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total

Bobbb1

Back to top Go down

Post by SlagToccata Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:22 pm

Well, you already saw me cover my view on this in that other topic, but yeah. Obvious control mechanism.
SlagToccata
SlagToccata

Back to top Go down

Post by Biscotti Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:31 pm

The one thing that bugs me about the video I posted was after he described what love meant to him. He said "unfortunately not many will feel that"
Which I feel is a mistake on his writing. What he described isn't very good, and I don't think he meant it to sound very good, it's certainly not healthy. It's also something I was already aware of. Elderly married people don't live long after their partner dies. Make it a liability if anything. A liability that doesn't need to exist. Perhaps that's what drives those single people to write about how their singleness helped them live long lives.

Why assign things to another person that you want for yourself when you could just do it yourself.

Say that instead of memorizing something important, you wrote it into a text file and stored the text file on Facebook. Then one day Facebook went bankrupt and your text file was lost. And you forget that important thing because what? You were trusting of a data-mining scam website like the schmuck you are? And you were too lazy to do the simple task of memorizing 5 or so concepts yourself? Did the thought that you would be capable to memorize 9 sentences completely fine by yourself just never occur to you? Did you have tunnel vision on pinning your life on this website because that's the "trendy" thing to do?
Biscotti
Biscotti

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down