Romantic Friendship: The Ideal Relationship?

Go down

Romantic Friendship: The Ideal Relationship?

Post by SCH0206 on Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:14 am

I'm not sure whether anyone here is familiar with the term romantic friendship, but in case anyone isn't, it's a term that involves a tight-knit, yet non-sexual relationship that includes kissing, hugging, and even sharing a bed. You can read more about it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romantic_friendship

I think this type of relationship is unusual, but in a good way. It shows that people can be extremely close without something sexual involved. Is this the type of relationship you desire for yourselves?

SCH0206

Posts : 446
Join date : 2015-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Romantic Friendship: The Ideal Relationship?

Post by Biscotti on Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:43 am

Like "Friends with benefits"?
avatar
Biscotti

Posts : 902
Join date : 2015-04-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Romantic Friendship: The Ideal Relationship?

Post by SCH0206 on Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:28 am

Not even close. Did you read the article I linked?

SCH0206

Posts : 446
Join date : 2015-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Romantic Friendship: The Ideal Relationship?

Post by Biscotti on Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:19 pm

Now I have. I initially didn't see a reason why friends would kiss each other out of intimacy, but I forgot to factor in cultural differences and now I recognize what it is.

I think it would be better if they didn't use the term "romantic" to describe it.
avatar
Biscotti

Posts : 902
Join date : 2015-04-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Romantic Friendship: The Ideal Relationship?

Post by SCH0206 on Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:09 pm

@Biscotti wrote:
I think it would be better if they didn't use the term "romantic" to describe it.

Good point.

SCH0206

Posts : 446
Join date : 2015-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Romantic Friendship: The Ideal Relationship?

Post by Nachtleuchten on Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:49 pm

@SCH0206 wrote:Is this the type of relationship you desire for yourselves?

No. 
Also confused by the mis-use of the word "friendship" here. You don't make a friendship stronger by hugging and kissing and sharing a bed.  Smile

What I constantly am on the lookout for, though, are strong, reliable friendships. That's an absolute rarity. People that make you feel like they are family though they are not.

Nachtleuchten

Posts : 39
Join date : 2017-12-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Romantic Friendship: The Ideal Relationship?

Post by SCH0206 on Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:52 pm

@Nachtleuchten wrote:
@SCH0206 wrote:Is this the type of relationship you desire for yourselves?

No. 
Also confused by the mis-use of the word "friendship" here. You don't make a friendship stronger by hugging and kissing and sharing a bed.  Smile

What I constantly am on the lookout for, though, are strong, reliable friendships. That's an absolute rarity. People that make you feel like they are family though they are not.

I absolutely agree with your statements.

SCH0206

Posts : 446
Join date : 2015-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Romantic Friendship: The Ideal Relationship?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum