Asexuality: Sexual Orientation or Not?

Go down

Asexuality: Sexual Orientation or Not?

Post by SCH0206 on Sun May 20, 2018 11:28 am

There's some debate among asexuals concerning whether asexuality is a sexual orientation or not. Personally, I don't think it is because lack of something doesn't count as something. To me, it's like saying that bald is a hair type or that atheism is a religion. What do you guys think?

SCH0206

Back to top Go down

Re: Asexuality: Sexual Orientation or Not?

Post by Biscotti on Sun May 20, 2018 7:39 pm

I consider "agnosticism" to be a more neutral position, but I digress.

What do you guys think?
I can give a short rundown.

Here's a post I made 5 years ago.

https://antisexuals.livejournal.com/20357.html#comments

I'm undeterminedrep, and I think distantwarning is Admin.

And here's a post I made 2 years ago where I give my own sexual orientation construct pitch http://iamfortress.forumotion.com/t162-alternatives-to-sexual-orientations

Which really sums up my own thoughts I think, in that sexual orientation is an arbitrary distinction. And very ill-defined. So really, it just depends on who defines it.

EDIT: Politically I guess I'd vote it as a sexual orientation. But I'm kind of confused as to why people would be arguing it not to be. Guess I'll have to attend their pep-rally to see what's up.
Biscotti

Back to top Go down

Post by Hate100 on Thu May 24, 2018 2:25 am

It's definitely not a sexual orientation.I used to think that way because of the influence of a certain site but I quickly realized it didn't make any sense.

Hate100

Back to top Go down

Post by radarerror31 on Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:27 pm

There is no such thing as "sexual orientation".  The change to homosexuality as a certain practice to an identity and internalized state is a recent thing, designed by those who wanted to marginalize and isolate homosexuals from the general population.  "Gay rights" are tolerated only so far as homosexuals remain an Other, and the focus has been almost entirely on bourgeois concerns rather than the initial complaint that homosexuals didn't want to be institutionalized or killed (and yet, for the poor homosexual, the situation is scarcely better than it was in the 1960s, and I know for a fact that homosexual tendencies are still marked down in the school and psychiatric system).

Homosexual sex is not the same as heterosexual sex.  If it were, then it would be a trivial thing for pathological homosexuals to switch to opposite-sex partners.  You're talking about two things which are conceptually different, which would be obvious if one actually observes homosexual sex practices.  There is no spectrum of sexual orientation that can be adjusted with a theoretical dial; homosexuals indulge in homosexual sex because it is different in character from heterosexual sex, because perhaps they are not adapted to heterosexual sex or because they are especially adapted to homosexual sex, and it is entirely possible for someone to engage in both for different reasons, which was the historical norm.

The idea of sexual orientation was intentionally designed to remove human agency and reason from the equation, and to lead people along as cattle to reproduce for the System (whatever that system is at that point in history and space).  It should be rejected in all of its forms, along with all ideologically biased interpretations of sexuality and sexualism.

radarerror31

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:24 am

@radarerror31 wrote:There is no such thing as "sexual orientation".

Agreed.

Homosexual sex is not the same as heterosexual sex.

Apart from physiological differences, the motivation behind it seems the same to me. That motivation being the removal of the painful state of arousal.

The idea of sexual orientation was intentionally designed to remove human agency and reason from the equation, and to lead people along as cattle to reproduce for the System (whatever that system is at that point in history and space).

Do you mean to say that heterosexuality was invented as a concept to trap people's minds into thinking they have to reproduce because that is the way they were programmed? If so, I also sometimes believe people only become sexually active because they observe those around them doing the same and get pressured into it. And if "science" tells them it's normal as well, that adds even more to it. Maybe it's even the same for animals. Genetic pressure certainly adds to it as well, but the social aspect does exist.

Back to top Go down

Post by radarerror31 on Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:39 pm

I think heterosexual relations are pretty self-evident as to why they are commonplace, but the idea of a sexual orientation as identity is a newfangled thing.  It's also a modern thing that sexual behavior is so strictly controlled and monitored, whereas before the rules were mostly "thou shalt not" now it is "thou art" and "thou shalt" and everyone is paranoid of being spotted for a long list of infractions against the sexual code of conduct (like not having the correct interest in the right people), and the greatest sin of all is to be antisexual or even asexual.  It is no accident that fascism relies on sexualism to sell itself to the masses, even though it is completely intellectually bankrupt.

radarerror31

Back to top Go down

Post by SlagToccata on Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:23 pm

As time goes on, I'm led to question more and more whether "asexuality" as a condition from birth truly exists in the way AVEN propaganda wants us to believe. Consider how many of them claim to feel some form of attraction and masturbate regularly, and also how many of them end up becoming sexuals. I think the number one reason for this is the stunting of sexual development due to psychiatric medication, something which was nowhere near as prevalent in the olden days. Now that it's mainstream to (often literally) force-feed children dangerous psychoactive drugs in response to the slightest variation in mood, there are a lot of kids reaching puberty who aren't experiencing it the way nature intended it. Either they aren't reaching sexual maturity at all, or they're only receiving part of it ("gray-asexuality"). Combining that with actual psychological issues such as sexual trauma that can make someone feel confused, angry, or afraid in response to sexual stimulation, there are a large amount of people who simply don't want sex the way their peers do, even if that may change later, and are encouraged by the age of identity politics to "pick a side" instead of simply accepting that everyone's different; I suspect these people make up the "asexual" population.
SlagToccata

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down