In your opinion, should antisexuality be considered an identity or should it be a private matter?

Go down

In your opinion, should antisexuality be considered an identity or should it be a private matter?

Post by SCH0206 on Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:05 pm

I thought about how some members of LGBTQA use their sexual orientation(s) or chosen gender as a way to identify themselves, which I find kind of silly because while it's not criminal, it doesn't make sense to describe oneself based on what one does in private, and I don't think I need to tell the world about my antisexuality since it doesn't describe how I am as a person. But, what do you think? Do you desire something like Antisexual Pride Month or something similar? Or, do you think it's something to keep to yourself and your closest, trusted companions?

Last edited by SCH0206 on Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

SCH0206

Back to top Go down

Re: In your opinion, should antisexuality be considered an identity or should it be a private matter?

Post by Biscotti on Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:52 pm

Well, first off I refer to it as 'antisexualism', as it's a belief and not a state of being.

That said, I also do think antisexualism describes how I am as a person (Not in personality, but my views and goals, for me it makes up a good amount of goals).

Pride months are lobotomized. Remove them. "Antisexual AWARENESS month" though would be lovely.

And given that I am fighting for antisexual awareness (Or sex-neutrality at the very least), "Or, do you think it's something to keep to yourself and your closest, trusted companions?"
I intend to tell people, but if I feel threatened (If, for example, introducing myself as an antisexual will cause pushback in who I am talking to and encourage them to sexually coerce people to prove a point), I will not (Thus it still requires trust).
Biscotti

Back to top Go down

Re: In your opinion, should antisexuality be considered an identity or should it be a private matter?

Post by radarerror31 on Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:18 pm

I don't go for identity politics stuff like a Pride Month.  I don't have any problem telling people what I think, and that I believe that antisexualism will become undeniable truth for a lot of people.  At the very least, there is going to be a backlash against the past century of hyper-sexualization of everything, when many people rightly find that it is a dead-end.

radarerror31

Back to top Go down

Post by SlagToccata on Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:01 pm

@radarerror31 wrote:I don't go for identity politics stuff like a Pride Month.  I don't have any problem telling people what I think, and that I believe that antisexualism will become undeniable truth for a lot of people.  At the very least, there is going to be a backlash against the past century of hyper-sexualization of everything, when many people rightly find that it is a dead-end.
I was going to type a response, but this is just about exactly what it was going to be.
SlagToccata

Back to top Go down

Post by AzureSky on Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:07 pm

I find lobbying antisexuality as an identity just as silly as how LGBTQA lobbies itself as an identity. I agree that awareness of antisexuality and pushing for at least sex-neutrality isigood, and for me it certainly describes me, but I prefer it to be one of my many traits in life, and not something I obsess over. I feel that obsessimg over sex in a negative manner, or obsessing about antisexuality, can still not be healthy in certain contexts, and the best way to combat sexual stances is to treat sex not as something excessively evil or good, thereby giving it attention as something flashy or dramatic, but to characterize it as something vulgar, boring, and base, thereby removing any appeal. I don't know, just my thoughts. Perhaps I am a bit offbase. I do not know.
AzureSky

Back to top Go down

Post by SCH0206 on Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:12 pm

@AzureSky wrote:I find lobbying antisexuality as an identity just as silly as how LGBTQA lobbies itself as an identity. I agree that awareness of antisexuality and pushing for at least sex-neutrality isigood, and for me it certainly describes me, but I prefer it to be one of my many traits in life, and not something I obsess over. I feel that obsessimg over sex in a negative manner, or obsessing about antisexuality, can still not be healthy in certain contexts, and the best way to combat sexual stances is to treat sex not as something excessively evil or good, thereby giving it attention as something flashy or dramatic, but to characterize it as something vulgar, boring, and base, thereby removing any appeal. I don't know, just my thoughts. Perhaps I am a bit offbase. I do not know.

I think you're quite on-target. It may take a few centuries or thousands of years before sex is seen as a neutral thing.

SCH0206

Back to top Go down

Post by SlagToccata on Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:57 pm

@AzureSky wrote:I feel that obsessimg over sex in a negative manner, or obsessing about antisexuality, can still not be healthy in certain contexts, and the best way to combat sexual stances is to treat sex not as something excessively evil or good, thereby giving it attention as something flashy or dramatic, but to characterize it as something vulgar, boring, and base, thereby removing any appeal.
Definitely! There will always be something to hate. Eventually, focusing on how much you hate it will just be unpleasant. When looking through articles and musings related to politics/religion/social issues, even when I agreed with what was said, I would wonder "don't these guys get bored of this?"

It's for the same reason that I've never voluntarily watched the news.
SlagToccata

Back to top Go down

Post by x Nacht Klaue x on Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:23 pm

Just let every day be a day against the sex obsessed world.
x Nacht Klaue x

Back to top Go down

Post by Biscotti on Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:31 pm

@SlagToccata

This is still me, honestly. I'm against it for myself and don't like that others do it based on what it seems to do to them, but am not convinced fully that it's flat-out "wrong" in every case or that it should be punished. My "live and let live" side still wins out when it comes to this topic most of the time.

I want to talk about a contradiction in the statements you've made, how it's not a contradiction but a fine line and how I also struggle with the same thing.

These past couple weeks I've struggled with repeatedly getting sucked into "pissing matches" against sexuals. And then dumping thoughts on this forum in poorly-written venting posts that I later regret. Why do I do this?
I know there's a reason.
Your post here is interesting. I think sex is inherently bad in every case. Immoral? That's more complicated. That it should be punished? That's not something we really talk about. But your last sentence is what I want to talk about right now. Because I think people these days are TOO "live and let live" 
I used to support "libertarianism". Which I defined as a government not getting involved in peoples sex lives. However it seems that more and more, people who align with "live and let live" philosophy are not talking about a government being neutral, but about society being neutral. (I recently argued with a prosexual who argued that they're fighting for a 'society that doesn't shame people for having sex'. Can you spot how many things are wrong with that sentence? And how the person arguing has no idea what a "society" is?). Furthermore they seem to tend to dis-arm anyone who doesn't agree with them. (I recently argued with a prosexual who was arguing that virginity is only a concept that people use to shame people who have sex. And there are scads of discussions about how there's no good reason to abtain from sex cuz sex feels gud xD. Can you spot how THIS isn't libertarian?).

Before you found this forum, how many one-sided prosexual things did you have to wade through? It's everywhere from forums to newsplaces. LIke how recently the FOSTA/SESTA thing designed to help sex-trafficking survivors got NOTHING but bad press because "think of the prostitutes! :'(". Very balanced news sources we have today!

I guess this is why you stay away from the news.

But where's the "contradiction"? The "contradiction" is that when you first came to this forum you said you wanted to be politically active and spread antisexualism. Yet find being poltical tiring.

I know why I kept getting into pissing matches. There is the temptation to bash their fragile worldview based on illogicities, self-objectification and such. But also because I want to make it clear to lurkers that this is not a one-sided debate. And some perverse sex brave-new-world groupthink is not an objective or beneficial way of looking at things at all. I'm not sure if we are living in a world where our side is banned necessarily, but it's practically equivalent when our side is not visible. And this yearning for visibility is why I keep doing it, even though it makes me feel like crap.

And I think that's the same dichotomy you're referencing. Where you wish to change things, but find doing so makes you feel like crap. I don't think it's a contradiction. I think we're somehow just caging ourselves in some way of doing things that while may possibly be beneficial to our side isn't the MOST beneficial to our side. I don't know! IDK!
But I've been telling myself to "stay constructive". As I believe a "constructive" attitude is what I've been missing as of late.

But I must retain that it is entirely important to stop the sex-positive culture. For two reasons.
One is because their side has so many lies it creates to justify itself. This may not seem important but I believe it is. (And I wish to do a study on how the lies and weird values they create impact society for the worse sometime).
And two, is that their putrid way of devaluing sex-negativity is the cause for sexual coercion. And I think is a reason why our community is so small, as would-be antisexuals are basically railroaded into their cult before they can stand on their own two feet. It's absolutely disgusting. In fact that is a bit driving force for why I wish to break them up. Thing is. Is this a thing that happens? Is it safe to assume that anyone who may be sex-negativity will stand up for themselves because why wouldn't they? Members of this community have faced some sort of pressure at some point. Yet I believe we all said no eventually. So that would imply that this isn't a problem right?
Except I believe it does. I talked to someone once, a stranger on the internet. Whom said something like "antisexualism was something she may have been interested in had she learned about it when she was younger.". Even when I stressed that you don't need to be a virgin to be antisexual, I don't believe she ever joined.
When I pitched that "x is not worth your sexual pleasure". I mean it. A sexually "free" or "libertarian" society is ABSOLUTELY NOT WORTH IT. if it causes ONE SINGLE PERSON to be pressured into sex.
Biscotti

Back to top Go down

Post by x Nacht Klaue x on Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:03 pm

To me it's both private and my identity (the person I am) at the same time.

Like, I don't go around and tell people. I already know that it's difficult to be an "alien" amongst people. I've experienced that since childhood. So i'm tired of that. If people want to stand out for what they are and believe in and are being open about it to everyone, they should also be prepared mentally to get called names, making fun of, critisized, attacked, etc.
x Nacht Klaue x

Back to top Go down

Post by SCH0206 on Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:51 pm

@Biscotti

The sexuals that you speak of don't sound like they want a "live and let live" society. They sound like they want a society that panders to them while they feel free to shame or pressure others for not agreeing with them. That's not live and let live; that's being hypocritical. I can't stand it when some people adhere to double standards. Freedom doesn't just mean the right to do something; it also means the right to not to do something, too.

SCH0206

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down