Forum-survey on eating habiits among antisexuals

Go down

Forum-survey on eating habiits among antisexuals

Post by Nachtleuchten on Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:44 pm

now I I’ve wanted to post this for some time now… now I do, though mainly I do copy and paste and add the central question at the end:

Walter Siegmeister (alias Bernard) was a hoax, I’m convinced, but he compiled some interesting quotes ; also in « Science discovers the physical value of continence » etc.

davidpratt.info/bernard2.htm

According to him, it’s rather the type of food. In essence, he says : go vegan (or rather low-protein vegan, if I remember correctly). (Except for his later writings when he would say : go breatharian… oh gosh…  )

Amusingly I found that quite a lot of people, that is, comparatively speaking, are vegetarians or vegans on the AVEN community, at least on the spectrum I sympathise with (the aromantic or approchaing literal asexuality people).

Funnily I myself went vegetarian, without any coherent reason, in my youth (when I was 16, I guess) ; and vegan just two or three years later. And stayed so, slipping also quite naturally into a low-fat vegan diet. Since then I watched videos of fruitarians (I’m not, but they are as low fat as you can get), sexual people, that is, talking about their partial loss of libido (while, according to them, overall increase in energy).

Is the vegetarian/vegan diet part of the asexual mindset ? You’re asexual, you slip into it? You’re sexual, you go low-fat vegan, you discover yourself to be less sexual than you thought?   
Really I’m just kidding, but there are funny coincidences nevertheless...

So here is my survery-question for all the members of the anti-sexual board:

What are your eating habits? Do you follow any kind of special diet / eating life-style (like vegan in my case, or intermittent fasting, or whatever) ?

Besides this, do you think there is any kind of connection between food and sex-drive ?

Nachtleuchten

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum-survey on eating habiits among antisexuals

Post by SCH0206 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:48 pm

I'm not sure if there's a link between food and sex drive. I don't follow any specific diet or lifestyle; I just eat what I like.

SCH0206

Back to top Go down

Post by Biscotti on Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:45 pm

I just eat whatever I feel like, with the constraint of price.

I don't believe in a "sex-drive" unless one can define what they mean in more tangible words. I do remember one time as a kid I was told that "some foods of horomones in them" and intending to only eat foods that didn't. Until I saw that basically the only food in the pantry that didn't fall under that category was tomato sauce.
Biscotti

Back to top Go down

Post by x Nacht Klaue x on Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:39 am

Asexualism is one of the symptoms of autism. Not all people are diagnosed with autism. There are probably many on aven who has autism without knowing it. People with autism tend also be smart, some of them have high IQ. Maybe those asexuals which you think of have high IQ since there is link between high IQ and vegetarianism, there is research about it.

These (pic below) are some of the old vegetarians who had high IQ. Nicola Tesla which is on the second picture, were celibate. I remember that I pasted a link about him in a thread on this forum, I can try to find it and paste it here for you to read if you haven't read about him before. It would be interesting to know if all of these had an sexual relationship.

There are people who don't want to marry because they want to have time to study, etc. But I don't think asexualism is a new thing in this modern world. Maybe people in the old times used "study" as an excuse to escape marriage if they were asexuals or maybe even gay..

Last edited by x Nacht Klaue x on Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:54 am; edited 2 times in total
x Nacht Klaue x

Back to top Go down

Post by x Nacht Klaue x on Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:49 am

I found the link about Nikola Tesla,

http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/entry/nicola-tesla-love-pigeon-facts-inventor_n_4320773

"He was celibate. Married life was not for Tesla, who once said: "I do not think you can name many great inventions that have been made by married men." He reportedly thought that sex would hinder his scientific work."
x Nacht Klaue x

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtleuchten on Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:34 pm

@x Nacht Klaue x wrote:Asexualism is one of the symptoms of autism.

What you've written is interesting and I agree with this, except with the above statement, which is false. Asexualism is not a symptom of autism. In other words, there are autistic people who are not asexual. And of course, even if the statement was true (and it is not, as any psychiatric manual might tell you) it wouldn't imply that asexuals are autistic.
Oh, I add: it's a myth that autists are generally smart (tend to be smart, like you've written). That's the idea we've got from all these movies featuring the autist genius: autist = high IQ. It doesn't correspond to reality, though. 

Oh yeah, let's return to talking about eating habits...  Smile

Nachtleuchten

Back to top Go down

Post by x Nacht Klaue x on Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:50 pm

I know that not all people with autism are asexuals. I have family-member with autism and she / he is not asexual. I also have chatted with people with autism on a chat room for people with autism and none of them were asexual. So, of course I have also thought why it's included in the Aspergers test o.O

I'm one of those who got Aspergers test by a psychologist, but I never did the test because I didn't want any more diagnosis than I already have. I read through the questions and one of the questions were if I was asexual. So I thought it's one of the symptoms because it's included in the test. I also thought it was stupid that it was included. I've seen much more autistic people being heterosexual and bisexual than being asexual (on forums).

Of course, not all people with autism are smarter than others..
x Nacht Klaue x

Back to top Go down

Post by x Nacht Klaue x on Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:28 pm

Sorry if anything lead to off-topic. I am also vegan:)

When I become sexual, I didn't eat anything special, it was same food as before.. Then I become aromantic asexual again. So, it wasn't the food in my case.
x Nacht Klaue x

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down