Is There a Such Thing as a Female and Male Brain? Transgenderism

Go down

Is There a Such Thing as a Female and Male Brain? Transgenderism

Post by xenosimiana on Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:53 am

I'm not too knowledgeable about neuroscience and I haven't done serious research on this, but I'm curious as to what you guys think about Transgenders. I don't think there's entirely a such thing as a female or male brain, I think that hormones and society shapes certain behaviors of women and men and that it's an insult to my intelligence, annoying, and deceptive that I must call a woman a man and a man a woman because they've decided to physically change their appearance and I think that there's always going to be something that hints to what they originally are. There's some things I can't stand about being a female, but I'm not going to try and change my gender I just deal with it. This might be a common argument and being a bit simplistic, but just because you think like you're something doesn't mean that it's always true, I could think that I'm a cat but I'll never truly be one. I'll just stop here for now because it's early in the morning and I haven't slept yet.

Intersex individuals I'm omitting here for the most part.

xenosimiana

Back to top Go down

Re: Is There a Such Thing as a Female and Male Brain? Transgenderism

Post by SCH0206 on Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:37 am

I'm not an expert on neuroscience either, but I think transgenderism is a result of mental issues combined with a dysfunctional background. After all, there's a type of mental illness (I don't know the name of it exactly) that involves feeling better off without a limb. It wouldn't be right to cater to such a person by chopping off a healthy arm or leg. They should get help, and so should those with gender dysphoria.

SCH0206

Back to top Go down

Post by x Skull Child x on Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:21 am

When it comes to clothes and stuff like nail polish, who decide what's female or male? Eg. some men in scotland wear kilt, some in Africa wear izaar, some in Saudi wear thobe and some in Indonesia wear sarong, etc.. People grown up in other countries or with other cultures may not see those clothes as male-clothes..

And bra.. There are overweight men with big hanging boobs, why can't they wear bra? who decided that bra is only for females? Isn't the purpose of bra to hold those fat balls from swinging and jumping?

I don't believe at all that it's a mental illness, not even 1%. When I was a young teenager, I didn't knew about the term "transgender" I only knew about the "tomboy" and I was a bit "tomboy" when I was 17 year old. But transgender is like a deeper version of tomboy. It's when the people (not all) want to change their physical gender by surgery, taking hormones and other things..

I don't know what causes transgenderism, but I don't believe that all people choose to be transgenders.

I remember when I felt so extremely ugly in my life (more than I do now..) that I wanted to change gender and be a boy instead.

Also when I felt oppressed as a woman, I wanted to make surgery to remove my physical female gender.. But, I have healed from that trauma I went thraugh from 2015..

But this has nothing to do with transgenderism since I didn't feel like a male. But there are those who do feel like the opposite gender since they were small kids..
x Skull Child x

Back to top Go down

Post by x Skull Child x on Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:14 pm

(deleted) I happened to send 2 same post, don't know what happened, maybe I clicked "send" twice o.O

Last edited by x Nacht Klaue x on Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
x Skull Child x

Back to top Go down

Post by x Skull Child x on Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:14 pm

I forgot to mention that I watched a video this or last week about a mother and her daughter who come out as transgenders. The title of the video is "Transgender dad and daughter transition together from mother and son".
x Skull Child x

Back to top Go down

Post by radarerror31 on Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:11 pm

There are certainly effects hormones have on behavior and probably brain development, but those effects would only matter if someone's body was actually producing those hormones, so the notion of someone having an opposite-sex "brain" is not really sensical.  Obviously there is far more to the brain than gonadal functions, and I don't think the brain itself tells the whole story (human beings, even though their sense of self and identity requires them to pretend to be single systems, are necessarily engaged in feedback with their bodies and the outside world).

That said if someone feels they need to present as the opposite sex or alter their body, who am I to say they must conform to their birth sex?  I think a lot of people transition for bad reasons, and that SRS isn't really a solution even if someone has good reasons - I think it would be far better if humankind weren't so focused on gonads.  At the same time I wouldn't consider castration a bad thing in of itself either, or that one's birth sex is somehow sacred.  Ideally humankind would abolish biological sex altogether and find a different way to reproduce, but that is still some time away.

radarerror31

Back to top Go down

Post by xenosimiana on Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:21 pm

I'm with SCH0206 that it's a mental illness that needs to be treated, but I was a "tomboy" growing up (I had the absurd thought of wanting to be a boy at age 7, but that's because some of the things I was interested in was associated with boys and made me think that being female means being weak and a victim. Very short lived mainly because it's ridiculous and absurd. I liked playing with Barbies, climbing trees, and video games, so I don't have to literally have to be a boy to enjoy many activities, so what's the point?) in some ways I still am according to some people but still wanting to play "Mr. Potato Head" with one's body is extreme to me. Especially those that get nose jobs etc.

Then there's cross dressers, of course it doesn't always mean that they want to be the opposite sex and it's just for excitement and curiosity to wear the opposite sex's clothes. But, there's many that I find to be too extreme and they just look like freak shows because for the most part (I must really like using that phrase) the clothes are meant to fit the body types of the sexes, though as with females for example it's the sex part that always plays a damn role to accentuate curves of hips, breasts, etc. (Now there's a difference between that and just clothes that properly fit the female body as hips can be apparent obviously, it doesn't have to hint at sex.) Also some gays, from what I've seen don't want to change their biological sex, but behave and act as the opposite gender or some special form of it. And as x Nacht Klaue x mentioned how various cultures have some differences in determining what's feminine or masculine, a kilt doesn't seem all that weird to me more than likely it's because of me seeing it more than once...idk, people always have to make things complicated.

It is annoying that we have female and male sexes because of the existence of sex, but at the same time what do these people think they're trying to accomplish being the opposite gender? If I was male, I am certain I would be annoyed about certain aspects of being a male, but I wouldn't go to the extreme and physically change it. Matter of fact, I don't necessarily have to be a male to find some annoyances about it.

xenosimiana

Back to top Go down

Post by xenosimiana on Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:00 pm

Also, when it comes to castration that's all fine and dandy, no prob. But you're still a male. If a female was to cut off her breasts take hormones etc. she's still a female because her genetics in some form will indicate what she is. There's various ways people can get through life with the unfortunate struggles of being female and male and not have to physically change it, at least not completely - For example, a woman is tired of having a periods, so she tries to find various ways to get rid of it - so again what's the point? I don't get it, esp. since most transexuals are sexual people so it just adds another annoying, disgusting, useless layer to sex.

xenosimiana

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:19 pm

A few years ago, I took a class about the differences between male and female brains, and how those differences are caused, but those differences overall might not be set in stone. I did a quick search on the studies, and so many of them have been published since then!

These studies consistently report that male brains are better at spatial processing and math, and female brains being better at communication, and processing emotions. To an extent, brains are malleable, shaped by skills that are gained, or shaped by what is neglected, and it all starts early in life, and is continuous. With the traditional gender roles, women are expected and conditioned to be better at communication, and being highly attuned to the needs and emotions of others, while the same usually isn't expected for men.

I'm not saying that parents are all deliberately raising their children to fit the gender roles perfectly, but a lot of it is subconscious, and reinforced. I'd like to see if the same results with these brain scan studies would be replicated across all cultures, or if the results would be significantly different in cultures where different skills are expected between men and women. That would determine if those brain differences are universal.

With all of that in mind, transgender people fundamentally feel like they're not the gender that they were raised as, and most are aware of that at an early age. Their sense of gender is resistant to their upbringing, even in households that are very strict at raising them as their birth gender.

Conversely, there's the tragic case of David Reimer. He wasn't transgender, but was raised as a girl from infancy and throughout his childhood, but he never felt like he was female, and lived the rest of his life as a man.

Gender expression is the outward behavior, and the gender roles are the societal expectations for how people should behave based on their gender. If the gender roles weren't so strict, people will continue to have a sense of what gender they are, and whether they'd feel any need to transition, but everyone would feel a lot more free taking up the interests that they want to.

Admin

https://fortressresistingsexualsociety.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by x Skull Child x on Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:08 pm

Interesting:)

I DON'T know what causing transgenderism, but i don't believe it's a mental illness.

Last edited by x Nacht Klaue x on Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:13 am; edited 6 times in total
x Skull Child x

Back to top Go down

Post by x Skull Child x on Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:21 pm

Another thing, for those of us who believe in God. In the old testament we can see that God is against homosexuality, so if homosexuality had been a mental illness, does it mean that God punish mentally ill people?

Edit: I know that this is about transgenderism, but even some homosexuals dress themselves as the opposite gender.
x Skull Child x

Back to top Go down

Post by xenosimiana on Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:31 pm

I haven’t had a chance to look at these studies, but what you mentioned about our malleable brains and if any studies were done to see if there were consistencies in other countries was exactly what I was thinking with many questions of: Did they study females and males at various age groups? Did they compare females and males in the U.S. to those in other countries and within them? It makes me think back to upbringing as to why males might have more spatial awareness and math ability than females. What toys and activities do boys of various ages engage in more than girls? So, here’s some info that I found:

science.sciencemag.org/content/320/5880/1164

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/01/24/science/gray-matter-and-sexes-a-gray-area-scientifically.html

“Gender expression is the outward behavior, and the gender roles are the societal expectations for how people should behave based on their gender. If the gender roles weren't so strict, people will continue to have a sense of what gender they are, and whether they'd feel any need to transition, but everyone would feel a lot more free taking up the interests that they want to.”

I don’t know if I completely agree with you, mainly on the “whether they’d feel any need to transition” part. People of course would know what biological sex they are because that’s obvious, but I just think that there's no need to transition at all. Situations as Reimer's is a small exception, but – this is kinda harsh – I just see transsexualism as a petty, delusional endeavor.

xenosimiana

Back to top Go down

Post by xenosimiana on Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:16 am

It's annoying how one min it's "Be happy with who you are." but doesn't have too much of an issue with people getting plastic surgeries and sex changes...

I think for the most part, the mind convinces itself of many things, and as I've said (a bit differently) before the material and non-material cultures of gender forms some kind of extreme admiration which leads to them wanting to literally "join the other team."

xenosimiana

Back to top Go down

Post by SlagToccata on Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:52 pm

I've tried to convince myself there's sufficient empirical evidence for transgenderism, and the brain thing was one of the biggest selling points, but in the end I still can't buy it. It still sounds like nothing more than a physical (and unfathomably brutal) solution to a non-physical problem to me. The rise in acceptance for it makes me feel kind of bad for intersex people who'd be equated with those who just can't accept themselves.
SlagToccata

Back to top Go down

Post by x Skull Child x on Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:27 pm

There are "detransitioning"-videos on youtube. People who explain why the are detransitioning.

So I was interested and searched it on google and found this article,

‘Transition caused more problems than it solved’

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2017/sep/16/transition-caused-more-problems-than-it-solved

Some transgenders seem happy with their decision while others are regretting.

What adult people do is their own decision. I see it as child abuse when parents allow their children to become transgenders by allowing them to get hormons, etc.

The word "tomboy" seems to have disappeard. A little girl who wants to wear boy clothes and be with the boys are getting hormons so that they can become transgenders. And same with small boys.

This little boy is now a "girl".

x Skull Child x

Back to top Go down

Post by x Skull Child x on Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:07 pm

So... What's your thoughts on this?? That parents give hormons to their children.........
x Skull Child x

Back to top Go down

Post by SCH0206 on Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:12 pm

I find it abusive, especially since hormones interfere with puberty.

SCH0206

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down