Hello everyone!

5 posters

Go down

Hello everyone! Empty Hello everyone!

Post by AzureSky Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:53 pm

I'm not sure how active this forum is; however, I am interested in contributing to the antisexual community in some way, even if it's small.

I can't really remember when I first found this site, but ever since I had, I've kept looking and coming back to read posts on it quite a bit. I can't say I'm quite as extreme as some of the people on here in my stances(such as some believing sexuals who choose to be antisexual are "not as pure" or generally talking about purity), but I am firmly oppositional towards sexual feelings and the acting out upon it, so I do feel there's enough commonality for it to be worth going to this site.

I'm somewhat uncertain as to whether I'm asexual or not, but as far as I'm concerned it doesn't affect my decision to be antisexual. Looking at sexuality, I find it distressing people consider it a higher form of love, and raise it above other types of relationships. As I've seen more and more of the adverse health and societal effects, I've become more opposed to it.

Though I am still struggling with myself and my having a libido while lacking attraction, I hope I can contribute to the antisexual community in some way.

Anyways, that's my story about how and why I came here. Nice to meet you all.
AzureSky
AzureSky

Back to top Go down

Hello everyone! Empty Re: Hello everyone!

Post by Biscotti Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:15 pm

Well conveniently enough, we were just looking for people to contribute! If you want to write content for the main site, or have a forum topic idea then feel free to. Some of these projects cross over, for example main site content can be inspired by forum topics, and we also have a newsletter that's similar that recently started (Signup link is in my signature)

I don't think there's a LOT of asexual elitism on this forum, though that is allowed if people want to voice their opinion. I relate to your opinion on asexuality, as I share similar sentiments.

Welcome to the forum, and I personally look forward to hearing your ideas.
Biscotti
Biscotti

Back to top Go down

Post by AzureSky Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:45 pm

Thank you. I'm definitely looking forward to contributing to discussions here.

It's not a majority of people on the forum who share that view, but it was something I took note of when considering to join.

At any rate, the majority of the forum seems very friendly and I'm glad to have joined.
AzureSky
AzureSky

Back to top Go down

Post by SCH0206 Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:10 pm

Welcome, AzureSky! It's been weeks since we had a new member.

SCH0206

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:01 pm

Welcome! This forum varies in activity, but there are usually new posts each day, and there is a range of viewpoints here. You can contribute by joining in discussions, or by writing a submission for the next newsletter!

I feel similarly to you in that I think that regardless of whether I'm asexual or not, I'd be antisexual for the same reasons.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by xenosimiana Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:14 pm

Welcome!

xenosimiana

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum