What you think about conversion therapy?

Go down

What you think about conversion therapy?

Post by Aztec12 on Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:36 pm

Like do you think it chould be use for anti sexuals, and do you general think it's worng to change someone orientation.
"Conversion therapy is psychological treatment or spiritual counseling designed to change a person's sexual orientation from homosexual or bisexual to heterosexual. Such treatments are controversial, and are a form of pseudoscience." Form google 

Yes I know conversion therapy is worng but it does talk about changing ones sexual orientation.

Ditto what type of topic this is an off topic one or not.
First topic.
Aztec12

Back to top Go down

Re: What you think about conversion therapy?

Post by Biscotti on Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:48 pm

I don't think it's unethical if the person WANTS to change their orientation.

However antisexualism isn't a sexual orientation, it's an idealogical viewpoint that thinks of sex negatively. So sexual orientations are often not important in that context.

And nah, cool topic, lemme know what you think.
Biscotti

Back to top Go down

Post by Aztec12 on Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:02 pm

Well what I'm  saying is changing their sexual orientation to be asexual.

However is just people in the LGBT community would say "you have no choices in being whatever sexuality you are.(born gay)" But they never say about what they want to do in a lifestyle choice. Maybe gay man want a traditional house hold or they been living that life for too long already however I ditto on that case.
Aztec12

Back to top Go down

Post by Biscotti on Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:09 pm

Yes, when I say you can change your sexual orientation. I think the capacity and ability may be subjective from person to person. Definetly don't let others place limits on you though.

I think acheiving "asexuality" is fairly doable though. Since it's more about desensitizing then sensitizing. And of course living asexually (as in, not having sex) is even easier.

I agree that LGBT places too much importance on you're orientation feelins over what you actually may want out of life.
Biscotti

Back to top Go down

Post by xenosimiana on Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:11 pm

Which is one of many reasons why I don't really care (probably harsh) about someone being born with an orientation, esp. those that ppl tend to be more judgmental of. But yeah, its more ethical when it's the person's choice (which I would consider to be a wise one, lol)

xenosimiana

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down