Evolutionary Psychology

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Re: Evolutionary Psychology

Post by Biscotti on Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:03 pm

Now I'm going to meet w/ that friend about it tomorrow and begin spreading similar messages out on campus next week.
I'm still not quite sure what to do about the evo psych class DIRECTLY though. It's a split between contacting the director again (After last time ended with me being kicked out). Or emailing her boss (Which would require yet another new write-up) I've been talking with an academic "philosopher" at the school, and he seems to think the class is justified (despite knowing it's BS) because the field has theoretical promise (that he believes the academic system will make better in time). I told him I don't agree and that the current state of the field is SO bad that at the LEAST the course needs to be investigated.
Biscotti

Back to top Go down

Post by xenosimiana on Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:46 am

Yeah speaking of that, yesterday I went to the doctor for a normal check up and he asked if I was sexually active (for pap smears etc.) and I said "no", given that I am in my late twenties he asked me again to double check, saying "You've never had sex?" and I said no. He said I was a rarity esp. with the many other usual questions of not smoking, high blood pressure etc. 

But yeah, give the celibate community a try and don't completely give up on asexuals even though dealing with most of them isn't all that different from dealing with sexuals to a certain extent.

xenosimiana

Back to top Go down

Post by xenosimiana on Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:14 am

The "Can We Save Darwin from Evolutionary Psychology?" I'm still waiting on the person to send me the paper through ResearchGate.net

On the Reddit someone shared a link about the lack of evidence of sex drive which I found interesting but most of the I guess disclaimer, in the purple box about currently no empirical basis for condemning most sexual practices got on my nerves lol.

xenosimiana

Back to top Go down

Post by Biscotti on Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:02 pm

It can get old writing the same stuff over and over again.

But I have sent a strongly worded email to the entire psychology department about the issue.

I said in the email that I intend to write another email to be sent out to students. So I guess I have to do that now too. Not right now though. Need a break.
Biscotti

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4