Music makes me sexual Empty Music makes me sexual

Post by Away on Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:53 am

Last edited by Sigh... on Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Away
Away

Back to top Go down

Music makes me sexual Empty Re: Music makes me sexual

Post by Admin on Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:06 pm

I listen to music a lot, but it hasn't affected me. Is there only certain types of music that lead to those thoughts, and others that don't? If you can identify which types of music do or don't, then you know what you'd need to avoid or what you don't need to avoid.

Admin

https://fortressresistingsexualsociety.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Biscotti on Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:07 pm

I know of another antisexual (Inactive now) who said that they would listen to music to DETRACT from sexual thoughts. So it could depend on the person, or it could depend on the music.

I listen to a range of music, TYPICALLY without lyrics (But not exclusively)

What kinds of music do you listen to?
Biscotti
Biscotti

Back to top Go down

Post by Away on Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:57 pm

Last edited by Sigh... on Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Away
Away

Back to top Go down

Post by xenosimiana on Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:00 pm

I'm trying to clean out my music list of overt sexual themes as much as possible, replacing them with mainly instrumental music for now. It's kinda strange though how some sexual songs don't bother me, probably because of the rhythm/harmony and the person's voice melds with it that gets more of my attention. But then again, maybe it is affecting me subconsciously because I get sexual thoughts as well, but I just try of offset it by ignoring it and meditation (I just recently started).

xenosimiana

Back to top Go down

Post by Biscotti on Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:05 am

This thread is making it so hard not to dump music reccomendations. I'll try to refrain.

I thought the song you linked (nacht_klau) with the HARD ROCK YELLING was cool. I've spent time in the past trying to find that type of music for a video, which is pretty much the reason I find it valuable (Calls back to that time. Maybe you could call it an associative memory)

Music can set or reflect moods. There's gloomy songs, adventerous songs, epic songs, lullaby songs etc. So I guess if a song contains a "seductive" or "sensual" mood (Which may be subjective as to what those things are) then that could be the cause. Or you could have some sort of link to a song to a memory of a sexual feeling. It's all subjective.
You've experienced creating associative memories yes? Maybe you spent 16 hours straight, quilting while watching star wars, and now whenever you see star wars it reminds you of quilting. That sort of thing.
Biscotti
Biscotti

Back to top Go down

Post by Away on Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:35 am

Last edited by Sigh... on Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Away
Away

Back to top Go down

Post by Biscotti on Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:05 pm

Subliminal means manipulation of the mind without the person being concious of it. So the fact that you're "concious" about music affecting you by definition doesn't make it subliminal.

There was a subliminal example I read once where people would be more likely to vote for more funds for the playground if the voting kiosk was next to said playground. That's effective subliminary messaging (Though it's bordering on subliminal since people could easily be aware of this manipulation)

There's also the fact that being forced to look at oneself in a mirror usually makes them act more moral. (I hope you see what I mean, because explaining it would be hard). But if a person isn't aware of this phenomenon and they act more moral because of it then that's "subliminal".

Those are subliminal messaging.

I said music can create moods, but moods can be blocked. If you're listening to inspiring music and you read something tragic, what would you mood most follow? I mean it's subjective but I believe the 'something tragic I read' would have more pull (Since it's understandable and relatable and not just an arrangement of pretty notes).

If you have a song that has moods that are "sexual" to you (If thats possible) and you dont like it, then I would suggest stop listening to the song.

Of course it's also possible there's other issues at play.
Biscotti
Biscotti

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down