But sex is natural!

Go down

But sex is natural!

Post by tygersongbird on Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:08 pm

Sex is natural! It's natural to have sex! Don't deny your natural urges! That's "sexual repression"! Oh, my! What a lousy way to live! Sex is a great thing and it's so natural! How could one just deny that about themselves! Don't do it!

Let's tackle this statement in two veins, why don't we?

Really?

How could sex be so natural? I just don't ever think that sex could ever be natural. Think about it this way.

How close do you have to be to somebody to actually engage in intercourse with them? That's strange for sure. I mean. And then people say that sex is not some sort of act that's intimate at all? How? It definitely is close, that's for sure.

It seems like a bit invasive of privacy, that's for sure. Plus, you have to be without any clothes to do it. Even without any clothes, you still have to be deemed "attractive" in order to be having sex. And attraction seems so weird a thing to be honest. It's always some "feeling" that people just feel or don't, as to when they describe it. Well, that's a hard thing to think about, don't you think? Doesn't seem like a natural thing to me. Yeah.

Also, just to keep a partner to have sex with you, you have to do all these things and jump through ever-altering hoops to keep your partner happy. Painful sadism and everything like shaving private parts to getting the perfect body by working out incessantly seems a bit like tons of work. And all to attract a partner? What's that about, huh? That seems like so ridiculous to me. Welp!

So, how could sex be seen as a natural act is beyond me.

And either way, why is it that natural = good? I don't get that.

What's also natural is pooping your pants in a diaper. But we train past that, don't we? Yeah. What's natural is being complete orbs of anger yelling vitriol venom at each other? But we have to train past that, don't we? Isn't being a glutton a natural thing too? Yeah, but if you never learned portion control or exercise, you would be horrendously obese, right? So, why can't sex be seen in that same way? Hmm... 

Also, with that in mind, why does sex need to be so purported and portrayed in the media so much if it's just "natural". I mean, what is the purpose of the sexualization of media then? Isn't that a bit unnatural to always push forward such a message so overtly? And why do people just seem stuck on to it all? If it's such a natural biological process like eating, then you could eat and then be full afterwards. Why then do people seem so so craving all the time? Or insatiable?

Just my response to the whole "Sex is natural" thing. What do you think? Share your thoughts on this.

In my opinion, sex is the most unnatural thing in the world to me really. I don't know. It seems like a stronghold possession or something to me.

Last edited by tygersongbird on Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:34 am; edited 2 times in total

tygersongbird

Back to top Go down

Re: But sex is natural!

Post by tygersongbird on Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:33 pm

Am I wrong in what I am saying really?

tygersongbird

Back to top Go down

Post by x Nacht Klaue x on Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:33 am

Well, the thing is that some people compare us often with the animals. Whatever animals do is "natural" so it "must be natural" for us as well. If I take an example, oral sex. People, (especially amongst religious people) differ about wether oral sex is natural or not. There are people who say it's natural and there are people who say it's something that animals and we should not be like the animals.

Anoher example is, rape. There are (it's scary) people who think that rape is natural, I'm glad that these people are not presidents because that maybe would change the law and allow the rape as a natural thing because it exists amongst the animals. You can see rape amongst apes,  birds, dolphins and other animals. I watched a video of 2 male birds who raped a female bird. They helped each other to hold her down so she could not try to fly away, it was very disturbing to watch that. So these humans by no joke, believe that rape is a natural thing.

Another example, nudist people. There are people who think that being nudist is natural because we all were not born with clothes on. They think that clothes is a unnatural thing. Some of them do wear clothes but only during winter when they go out.

Some people think that masturbation is a natural thing. Everyone who has other opinions about masturbation will get bad criticism. Animals such as apes, they masturbate. So people see it as a natural thing.

Even when it comes to sex people will have opinions about it. Some animals have sex very often and some don't. A lion have sex more than 50 times a day. It is as if they have a very high libido or something. Some humans have high libido and some low. I learned that some asexuals have as much libido as a non-sexual person. Something I didn't knew before. Because I myself had no libido at all so I thought it was same with all aromantic asexuals as well. But I was wrong, because asexualism has nothing to do with having high or low libido, this is something I learned this year. Asexuals are just not sexually attracted to humans. They may find people to be physically attractive but not sexually attractive.

There are people who think that sexual attraction is a natural thing.

There are people who don't wash themselves with anything other than water and anything others that people use is unnatural.

So, if these people claim that sex is natural, why do they wear clothes, wash their hands with soaps and other stuff which the animals don't do? Soap and such things didn't even exist long time ago, but they still use it, why? Because they were taught all these.

Humans are taught to be sexually attracted to other humans. They are taught to not have sexual relationships with siblings or relatives. In some countries they allow relationships with between cousins and for them it's a natural thing because that's what they have been taught with. In countries like here, it's something wrong and people find it disgusting.

There are siblings who didn't knew that they were siblings and they had relationship with each other and when they found out about it they feel disturbed. I don't know how they all react but those few that I've watched in talk shows and read about, they were chocked and some disturbed. Some stay with each others even after they get know about it and some divorce or break up. So, how come that some of them  divorce / break up when they get to know that they are siblings? Because they were taught that it's wrong. From were? That which I know of is the religion that people follow. If it stated in their religion that it's fine to have oral sex, they would have oral sex, if it's stated people should not eat cows, they would not eat cows, etc.

Many things is taught from the religions and other things from the society and the media.

People are brainwashed into sexuality. There are religious people who avoid media and non-religious people as to protect themselves from that which we know of. And some of them have sex only to procreate. I think those are the ones who avoid sexual things and therefore maybe have more control over their sexuality than other people who has become slaves of their sexuality.
x Nacht Klaue x

Back to top Go down

Post by x Nacht Klaue x on Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:29 am

If I wasn't clear about my answer, I believe that whatever we are taught is right and natural is what's "natural" for us if we don't think about it with our own mind and not what we have been taught from society, media, religions or animals.

@tygersongbird wrote:Also, with that in mind, why does sex need to be so purported and portrayed in the media so much if it's just "natural". I mean, what is the purpose of the sexualization of media then? Isn't that a bit unnatural to always push forward such a message so overtly? And why do people just seem stuck on to it all? If it's such a natural biological process like eating, then you could eat and then be full afterwards. Why then do people seem so so craving all the time? Or insatiable?

They brainwash people to the extent that partners are worried about their "sex-life", are they doing it right, wrong, too little, too much, is their sex fun, boring, etc.. They are asking such things to themselves. Humans seem to be the only creature who cares about other peoples sex-life. "How to save your sex-life" "what men like in bed" "what women like in bed" "signs you're not having enough sex" "are you having enough sex?" "ways to have more fun in bed" "things you should try out in bed" etc etc.. there are plenty of such titles in the online newspapers. Like people want to read about what's happening in the world but instead they see these messages here and there on the online newspapers. This is something that I have been disturbed with because I don't want to read or see such things, so it's unwanted.

People should relax and know that it's okay to not have sex, oxygen is enough for us.
x Nacht Klaue x

Back to top Go down

Post by tygersongbird on Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:55 pm

@x Nacht Klaue x wrote:Well, the thing is that some people compare us often with the animals. Whatever animals do is "natural" so it "must be natural" for us as well. If I take an example, oral sex. People, (especially amongst religious people) differ about wether oral sex is natural or not. There are people who say it's natural and there are people who say it's something that animals and we should not be like the animals.
Well, there are people out there who believe that it is okay to be "polyamory". That means you could have sex with multiple people or entities. They believe that polygamy is natural, along with saying that monogamy is unnatural. "But humans were made to have sex with lots of things! Look at the cow and stud horse impregnating all sorts of females. That's what men are supposed to be." It's Freudian in a sense. It's Kinsey. It's sexology. That's their mantra and whining cry. That's the sexual revolution in full effect. They said not to stifle sexuality in any way, and anything that does that is a dangerous and evil force to true liberty. 

"Sexual liberation is the way! It's the greatest joy, sex sex sex! Why be anti-sex! Don't be such a prude! Or a loser! Sex is fun and don't you want to be fun too? It's the way to be healthy. Everyone's doing it. Everyone must do it. Live it up! What are you waiting for? Don't be a drag! Go have sex! It's greatness magnified! There's nothing wrong with sex. It's natural!"

Yeah, nothing wrong with it. I think we have discussed that plenty enough how destructive sex truly is. It's documented as well.

That's what I say as well. And it's well documented that those who do have higher religiosity or live in religious communities do tend to divorce less and fare better on that end. But looking back, the religious societies like the Shakers and the Amish never really had obesity issues to look at. They strictly followed laws on eating and not eating when it comes to clean and unclean food. It is big there. There should be a sense of that still going. Lots of foods we eat now are designed to get people obese and overweight, changing fat content and body chemistry. Best to avoid that.

So, why wouldn't it extend to sexual matters as well? And yet anyone who thinks like sex is for procreation is deemed abnormal all the way. Frigid and repressed. 

What's funny, though, is that the people who tend to really have a heart like tend to be the more joyful than not. More content than not. They tend to not really dissolute their relationships like those who are all sexual and crave spontaneity. I think it's the instant gratification model.The people who don't look for gratification like that probably control their drives and can focus on true joys and things within their soul and heart to be wholesome. Even, though I just believe that we shouldn't look to sex at all, those people are cool with me.

And I, for one, am not one who is for procreation, with how many children in the world without parents today. I'm pro-adoption. However, I don't hate babies. However, I just believe people should adopt children, not have them. Let's go for adoption instead of procreating and replicating instead.

tygersongbird

Back to top Go down

Post by tygersongbird on Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:53 am

@x Nacht Klaue x wrote:If I wasn't clear about my answer, I believe that whatever we are taught is right and natural is what's "natural" for us if we don't think about it with our own mind and not what we have been taught from society, media, religions or animals.

@tygersongbird wrote:Also, with that in mind, why does sex need to be so purported and portrayed in the media so much if it's just "natural". I mean, what is the purpose of the sexualization of media then? Isn't that a bit unnatural to always push forward such a message so overtly? And why do people just seem stuck on to it all? If it's such a natural biological process like eating, then you could eat and then be full afterwards. Why then do people seem so so craving all the time? Or insatiable?

They brainwash people to the extent that partners are worried about their "sex-life", are they doing it right, wrong, too little, too much, is their sex fun, boring, etc.. They are asking such things to themselves. Humans seem to be the only creature who cares about other peoples sex-life. "How to save your sex-life" "what men like in bed" "what women like in bed" "signs you're not having enough sex" "are you having enough sex?" "ways to have more fun in bed" "things you should try out in bed" etc etc.. there are plenty of such titles in the online newspapers. Like people want to read about what's happening in the world but instead they see these messages here and there on the online newspapers. This is something that I have been disturbed with because I don't want to read or see such things, so it's unwanted.

People should relax and know that it's okay to not have sex, oxygen is enough for us.
That seems like an instrument of "social control" or "social engineering" when they do that. It's got to be great at it. Which is such a terrible statement to say, don't you think? If you aren't good at sex, then you are a terrible person, I guess. People have often left one another because the sex was not up to standard. I've discussed that instance before. Well, when you have articles like that, they are trying to get people and trip people into this world where your highest rank is in your desirability. Just to be a wind-up toy. Well, when you have "boytoys and "Barbies"...

They are trying to purport the schema that everyone is always having sex or hunting for it all the time. So, then, those people who simply aren't hunting for it or are not wanting it are deemed lousy and will feel bad for it. Then they will buy into the makeup industry, the TV industry, the magazines, the dating industry, all to give money up to the machine that sex has created. Yup. All created to rob souls and people of their worth.

Instead of saying that I am content with the air I breathe, the water we drink, and the love from family and friends, we are stuck in neediness. Then sex comes in as the "magic elixir". Only to find out it's a pit of destruction. Yeah...

See, when people say sex is natural, it's a crazy statement to me. Yeah, dogs hump dogs to procreate, but do we really want to be dogs? Or the bird rapists, or the inseminating cows and stud horses? We want to be that?! It's natural, so it's good? What kind of thinking is that? 

And humans are not any better.

Man, when it comes to sex, I've only seen madness of all sorts. It's an amazing thing that people call it so good a thing. It doesn't often produce good to great results for itself. Eroticism to me tends to lead to depraved behaviors from others, in my view. People doing stuff they should never do, but get caught in doing just to be gratified. The use and abuse of people for their "jollies" never ceases to amaze me. The lust monster will just want to use people for the moment and discard them like yesterday's trash. That's what it does, and it leaves a trail of despair in its tracks. 

Destruction of families, bonds, friendships, hearts, and millions of other things just for the sake of "fever". I don't get it. It's like people in an altered state where they are zombies without control. Now I can see why it can often be called "defilement". I don't know what to say. If that's natural, then maybe no one should be natural. I would venture to say that.

tygersongbird

Back to top Go down

Post by xenosimiana on Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:50 am

@x Nacht Klaue x wrote:If I wasn't clear about my answer, I believe that whatever we are taught is right and natural is what's "natural" for us if we don't think about it with our own mind and not what we have been taught from society, media, religions or animals.

Yeah exactly! And the same bs inquires and so-called "advice" is covered every year. I've had this thought for the longest about all this, I mean one would think they would have everything covered by now, how many times does people have to go over "how to spice up your sex life?"

xenosimiana

Back to top Go down

Post by xenosimiana on Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:09 am

@tygersongbird wrote:Sex is natural! It's natural to have sex! Don't deny your natural urges! That's "sexual repression"! Oh, my! What a lousy way to live! Sex is a great thing and it's so natural! How could one just deny that about themselves! Don't do it!

Let's tackle this statement in two veins, why don't we?

Really?

How could sex be so natural? I just don't ever think that sex could ever be natural. Think about it this way.

How close do you have to be to somebody to actually engage in intercourse with them? That's strange for sure. I mean. And then people say that sex is not some sort of act that's intimate at all? How? It definitely is close, that's for sure.

It seems like a bit invasive of privacy, that's for sure. Plus, you have to be without any clothes to do it. Even without any clothes, you still have to be deemed "attractive" in order to be having sex. And attraction seems so weird a thing to be honest. It's always some "feeling" that people just feel or don't, as to when they describe it. Well, that's a hard thing to think about, don't you think? Doesn't seem like a natural thing to me. Yeah.

Also, just to keep a partner to have sex with you, you have to do all these things and jump through ever-altering hoops to keep your partner happy. Painful sadism and everything like shaving private parts to getting the perfect body by working out incessantly seems a bit like tons of work. And all to attract a partner? What's that about, huh? That seems like so ridiculous to me. Welp!

So, how could sex be seen as a natural act is beyond me.

And either way, why is it that natural = good? I don't get that.

What's also natural is pooping your pants in a diaper. But we train past that, don't we? Yeah. What's natural is being complete orbs of anger yelling vitriol venom at each other? But we have to train past that, don't we? Isn't being a glutton a natural thing too? Yeah, but if you never learned portion control or exercise, you would be horrendously obese, right? So, why can't sex be seen in that same way? Hmm... 

Also, with that in mind, why does sex need to be so purported and portrayed in the media so much if it's just "natural". I mean, what is the purpose of the sexualization of media then? Isn't that a bit unnatural to always push forward such a message so overtly? And why do people just seem stuck on to it all? If it's such a natural biological process like eating, then you could eat and then be full afterwards. Why then do people seem so so craving all the time? Or insatiable?

Just my response to the whole "Sex is natural" thing. What do you think? Share your thoughts on this.

In my opinion, sex is the most unnatural thing in the world to me really. I don't know. It seems like a stronghold possession or something to me.
I agree with you saying how it's foolish for people to think that natural=good because it obviously doesn't. And it's pretty tragic, because most animals tend to reproduce sexually, though there's some that can reproduce both asexually and sexually (which is something I wished we were capable of because it's me fantasizing about how different we as humans would be if we could....or maybe not knowing how people are) but I noticed that the sexual part always results in some type of perversity. The only advantage it gives is more variation in genes and accelerated evolution compared to asexual reproduction (some animals that asexually reproduce don't have the problem of genetic variation compared to others though). 

An example of this type of perversity of a species that can do both but A-reproduction is their main method are the Australian giant prickly stick insects, not because males are rare compared to other species that reproduce similar as them; but because the the males rape the females so they tend to stay away from them as much as possible. Since the females A-reproduce, which begets female offspring, they tend to go about it on their own making males less desirable to them, so if a male was to arrive, they would emit some kind of chemical to repel them, but sometimes that doesn't work so the females try to fight the male off but most of the time the males end up raping them. It seems like the two can't coincide, now I can imagine some retard would say that A-reproduction is at fault, but looking at other animals that don't A-reproduce they suffer heavily from rape and other issues, so for me, it causes more harm than help. We are animals, and sex is natural, but natural ≠ good. That’s what makes it so tragic, just like disease, also other parts of our anatomy and physiology is a little inferior compared to other animals, e.g. eyesight and strength. Therefore, what makes us different (or at least it should) from most animals and some of our human ancestors is that we can see our faults in a certain way, and do something about it, such as inventing glasses for those with poor eyesight. You notice how ethics throughout the centuries has evolved – In my perspective, it’s unfortunately at a glacial pace – and due to mainly our brains and hands to make tools to help us to adapt and survive.

I’m atheist, but I’m more of an ignostic, which I consider to be I guess a “type” of atheism, but either way it’s nonbelief, and most of us and even religious people, tend to limit our ethics and morals to only our species, (though atheism isn’t a religion having various doctrines esp. on morality or ethics, it’s just a position on the question of a god/s existence but it does result to most of us gravitating to certain things such as humanism, skepticism, and evolution.) but I extend my ethical code to other animals as well. The example Nacht Klaue gave showed a wrong, harmful or some would say “evil” act, because those male birds knew that the female would not be a willing participant to mate with them, so they both made the choice to force themselves on her. The female bird is clearly being harmed, but for some reason certain humans use flawed reasoning to think that those types of acts are okay just because other animals are doing it, clearly shows moral deprivation and lack of accountability.

Another thing that reminds me of how harmful sex is, is a book called the “Selfish Gene” written by Richard Dawkins if I’m not mistaken. And it makes me think of male cats that when in the presence of kittens or cubs, if they’re not his, he would kill them. Because he wants no other male’s offspring genes to be passed on but his. It’s a good thing that humans (at least most of the time) don’t behave like this, we tend to be kind of altruistic a little more than other animals with one of the reasons being for the survival of the entire species, not just the individual. Of course, there’s exceptions as we can be extremely xenophobic. Nature can be beautiful sometimes, but sex is one of those things that’s very ugly and the only reason most us considers it “enjoyable” is because our bodies so happen to evolve in a way to make the process easier activating nerves and certain chemicals in the brain for a more “enjoyable’ experience (but unfortunately not birth lol). So, it’s manipulative in a way.

Now for a bit of critique, the statement: “If it's such a natural biological process like eating, then you could eat and then be full afterwards. Why then do people seem so so craving all the time? Or insatiable?” 

someone could say that you just proved their point that it is a biological process because people engage in sex the same way you explained food and food is a craving that is sometimes insatiable.

xenosimiana

Back to top Go down

Post by x Nacht Klaue x on Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:34 pm

Yes tygersongbird, I agree. I think it was Admin or someone who pasted a link once about love vs fake love or something.. I don't remember, but I can try to find that link and paste it here..

When I wrote "There are religious people who avoid media and non-religious people as to protect themselves from that which we know of." I meant families like these ones.. (video below). However antisexualism has nothing to do with religion or being religious. Abrahamic religions and maybe some other religions as well are sexists and it therefore makes people to become sexists. It may look pure when watching such families (I mean sexually pure..) but they do have sex and they often have many children.. and sometimes more than 1 wife.. It's also controlling, like suppressing ones emotions, not using any bad language at all, wear long dress. To me that's some kind of opression as well.

There is one thing tho which antisexualism share with religious people, and that is the word "purity". I myself don't think that it's a good idea to use that word, it's very much a religious thing, to be pure from sins. I don't mind if other antisexuals will use that word, but I don't use it anymore as I have mentioned before.

Here is the video which shows one of the families who protect their children from the brainwash from media and society. Most kids are not protected in this way. It's sad that one has to be religious to protect their children sigh. I don't mean a life like that (religious) I mean the sexuality, that they are free from until they get married... I really don't think any of them knows about dildos, oral sex, etc.. As for their life, it can be like any other peoples life. They are humans like any other and can have family issues or some may even be violent, etc. But whenever I mention these types of religious families, I always mean how they protect their children from all that disgusting things I know of which I wish I never knew about..

x Nacht Klaue x

Back to top Go down

Post by tygersongbird on Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:00 pm

You make a good point for sure. I think that is a way to look at it. I like your other example as well with the birds and everything showing a rather evil act done to the female by the rapist males. Well, thanks for telling me that.

My main point with the whole eating analogy was actually to attack the eating analogy. Some people like to say "sex is like food! I gotta eat! Like eating steak!" And I think that's an outlandish metaphor.

It's not like eating, though. That's what I'm saying.

If someone actually were to eat all the time, they may have like hormone irregularity or a food addiction. It doesn't mean that the food is bad, but rather the person can't stop eating. Eating is regulated for us humans internally.  However, everyone has to eat at some point.

The wide variation, though, of people who don't have sex and have controlled that dimension to where it isn't a drive at all tells me it's not like eating. They're still healthy without having sex. After all, I don't think the Shakers were having issues, or Nikola Tesla was physically ill. Nope. They still turned out all right. People who go without eating turn out into things like anemic & vitamin deficient. A person going without sex is great and dandy, and STI free.

So, when I said that people would say it's like eating. I just laugh at the comment. It's a silly thing to draw up in my opinion. However, people still try to do it. Whatever. 
And that's our sexual world in a nutshell. Emphasis on nut.

tygersongbird

Back to top Go down

Post by xenosimiana on Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:17 pm

Oh ok I understand now, yeah it's definitely not like eating. Lol. More ppl need to understand that.

xenosimiana

Back to top Go down

Post by xenosimiana on Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:55 pm

I'm thinking of the Harlow experiments and how it shows that the lack of creating emotional bonds especially while an infant leads to aggressive, anti-social behavior and some learning disabilities. What stands out to me right now is the monkeys' behavior when it came to copulating because the females would ignore males and the males didn't know how to perform sexual intercourse. 

It also makes me think about how certain animals like a Tigress teaching her cubs how to hunt, it shows the ability of being able to learn, but it isn't necessarily innate. The urge is there, hunger with the Tigers and estrus or whatever with the monkeys, but how to execute it has to (it seems) be taught.

xenosimiana

Back to top Go down

Post by Stars.of.Tears on Tue May 16, 2017 1:37 pm

Ignoring the fact that appealing to nature is a logical fallacy, you have to overhear what comes out of people's mouths, and only listen to what they're actually saying. Like a built-in nonsense-translator.

"But it's natural", for example, could roughly get translated in this context as "The world as it presents itself to me kind of works and as long as I'm not directly negatively affected by it in a way that I recognize with my limited understanding as "negative", I'm too lazy to waste the calories thinking about how to make it better, so I won't bother. And I will urge you with copy-pasted arguments and appeals to authority to fall in line as well, because I can't let someone change the way things work in such a way that it becomes unpredictable to my fearful animal brain." But that would be a mouthful.

Also, I doubt people who use "arguments" like this have that much insight into their own motivations to begin with.

Stars.of.Tears

Back to top Go down

Post by Biscotti on Sat May 20, 2017 8:42 pm

It's quite funny, remind me one day to write a post about the race to define what's natural.
I see a bunch of groups do it, often in contradiction to each other. And the question is. Why.

Why is this important to them.
Biscotti

Back to top Go down

Post by Stars.of.Tears on Sun May 21, 2017 7:59 am

@Biscotti wrote:It's quite funny, remind me one day to write a post about the race to define what's natural.
I see a bunch of groups do it, often in contradiction to each other. And the question is. Why.

Why is this important to them.

Because might makes right. People like to attach their ideas to groups with power, so that said group can beat down any opposing party with sheer force. There's probably no bigger group that you can associate yourself with than "nature" itself, or "god". That's why people like to use these words instead of arguments.

It's like saying "I'm right and if you don't agree with me, I'll call my big brother."

It's a word that is supposed to entice fear, and stop any potential argument. It's a very primitive, old system. Fear of that which is stronger, fear of death. But then again, everything about us is. It's all based on the most simple, ancient systems. People just don't want to see that anymore.

Stars.of.Tears

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun May 21, 2017 9:35 pm

With this post, I'm responding to a lot of what is being said.

The sex is natural, therefore it's good rhetoric has always annoyed me. Many toxic compounds are natural too, and so are diseases, but most people are in favor of seeking medical treatment. It's strange that if sex is natural, then why are people indoctrinated into thinking it's the most important thing in their lives, and why is it focused so much in the media?

One answer I've seen is that much of the media panders to most people's instincts for sex and violence, because they sell and don't require engaging the audience to think about what they're watching. Profitable shows and movies can be made with relatively little effort.

Shaming people for not wanting sex in the name of liberation, because we know that being shamed or coerced into something is so liberating!  Rolling Eyes I knew people like that in person, and I don't think they saw the contradiction.

I also see the preoccupation with sex everywhere as a tool of social control by instilling fear in people that they aren't having it well enough, and make them think that they aren't good enough as people.

The appeal to nature fallacy is related to the appeal to fear fallacy. If something is considered to be natural, someone may think they can't go against it, or be afraid to challenge it. It's a way of stamping out any room for debate.

Admin

https://fortressresistingsexualsociety.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tygersongbird on Mon May 22, 2017 2:12 pm

@Admin wrote:With this post, I'm responding to a lot of what is being said.

The sex is natural, therefore it's good rhetoric has always annoyed me. Many toxic compounds are natural too, and so are diseases, but most people are in favor of seeking medical treatment. It's strange that if sex is natural, then why are people indoctrinated into thinking it's the most important thing in their lives, and why is it focused so much in the media?

One answer I've seen is that much of the media panders to most people's instincts for sex and violence, because they sell and don't require engaging the audience to think about what they're watching. Profitable shows and movies can be made with relatively little effort.

Shaming people for not wanting sex in the name of liberation, because we know that being shamed or coerced into something is so liberating!  Rolling Eyes I knew people like that in person, and I don't think they saw the contradiction.

I also see the preoccupation with sex everywhere as a tool of social control by instilling fear in people that they aren't having it well enough, and make them think that they aren't good enough as people.

The appeal to nature fallacy is related to the appeal to fear fallacy. If something is considered to be natural, someone may think they can't go against it, or be afraid to challenge it. It's a way of stamping out any room for debate.
I think they are trying to use the "Well, natural, free-range foods like chicken are better for you than processed meat, so sex being natural must make it good!" I think that is what they are trying to say. However, if it was so natural to have sex, why the amount of commerce made to it with stuff like sex toys and junk? I mean, if people were easily able to have sex to feel good, why do they need all these contraptions that are man-made to do it then? I don't understand that. I mean, why do people have to constantly have it to feel good? It must mean that it doesn't exactly "fulfill the appetite". Hmm...

Anyway, I see the whole thing with natural synonymous with animalistic. Do we really want to be like the animals, really?! I mean, think about that one and get back with me.

The whole shaming thing is a social control mechanism for sure. People seem to really like to make fun of those who don't have sex as saying they're less of humanity. They are not "fulfilling their purpose in life". However, when you look at most people who do have sex, they're still not happy. They will follow Cosmo & Glamour telling them they need to try the "latest sex position" or something. If they were fulfiling their purpose, why do they need to have Glamour blasting them in the face saying they are lesser than others in life? 

I think it all comes down to people literally feel like they cannot do anything and are powerless in identity. People want to be known as something, and they think sex will make them feel worth and beautiful. The greatest vanity ever.

tygersongbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum