About romance

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: About romance

Post by xenosimiana on Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:23 am

I think that's one many a good ideas to see romance, as a type of "role play". And though sex isn't involved, doesn't mean it's not harmful.

xenosimiana

Back to top Go down

Post by SCH0206 on Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:31 am

I think I can relate to "role play romance." I've never been in a romantic relationship, but it was my dream during my preteen years due to being influenced by peers and television. I wish someone told me sooner that being in that type of relationship wasn't the most important thing on Earth. Now that I'm older, I'm not ashamed that I never had a boyfriend, and it's no one's business anyway.

SCH0206

Back to top Go down

Post by xenosimiana on Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:19 pm

Someone probably already mentioned it before about romance being seen as subjective esp. among asexuals (I probably said something as well but I don't feel like reading older posts) but my thing is why use the word romance? Why deal with it? Me personally, I can't really stand ambiguity or vagueness most of the time, so I feel that most of the time it shouldn't have attention. I guess it speaks to my igtheist stance on religion as well. If a concept can be whatever people want it to be, what's the point of labeling it giving it meaning or sticking to a word when there's better words that explains it? Watching movies with someone can be considered romantic, but there's better words for that; Eating strawberries dipped in chocolate is considered romantic but that could be called a snack etc. 

Idk, I mean we all know what anger is, people get angry for various reasons and it's expressed in various ways such as indirect or direct but we know what anger is.

xenosimiana

Back to top Go down

Post by SCH0206 on Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:05 pm

@xenosimiana wrote:Watching movies with someone can be considered romantic, but there's better words for that; Eating strawberries dipped in chocolate is considered romantic but that could be called a snack etc. 

You make some good points here. After all, one can watch movies or eat chocolate-covered strawberries alone or with family or friends. I guess they're only considered romantic when you do it with a committed partner while cuddling, holding hands, or (Ick!) making out.

SCH0206

Back to top Go down

Post by x Nacht Klaue x on Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:38 am

A: So, what have you done this weekend?

B: I had some romantic time with myself :)

A: Romantic time with yourself?

B: Yup, I lightened candles on the table, ate spaghetti and later on ate chocolate covered strawberries :)

A: Aww, poor guy :(

B: Poor guy?

A: Don't worry, you will one day find the right one :)

Last edited by x Nacht Klaue x on Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total
x Nacht Klaue x

Back to top Go down

Post by SCH0206 on Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:41 am

@x Nacht Klaue x wrote:A: So, what have you done this weekend?

B: I had some romantic time with myself Smile

A: Romantic time with yourself?

B: Yup, I ate chocolate covered strawberries, had lightened candles on the table and ate spaghetti Smile

A: Aww, poor guy Sad

B: Poor guy?

A: Don't worry, you will one day find the right one Smile
Ha! That's funny. Good one.

SCH0206

Back to top Go down

Post by x Nacht Klaue x on Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:43 am

I edited the text because it was maybe weird (non-romantic?lol) to eat straberries first then spaghetti lol
x Nacht Klaue x

Back to top Go down

Post by SCH0206 on Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:45 am

@x Nacht Klaue x wrote:I edited the text because it was maybe weird to eat straberries first then spaghetti lol
I don't think it matters. It's still funny.

SCH0206

Back to top Go down

Post by xenosimiana on Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:43 pm

LOL!

xenosimiana

Back to top Go down

Post by SlagToccata on Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:48 am

@Admin wrote:For those who aren't asexual, can you separate sexual and romantic attraction from each other?
No.
SlagToccata

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum