Valentine's Day

Go down

Valentine's Day

Post by x Nacht Klaue x on Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:44 am

This thread is created for knowledge purpose about the origin of the Valentine's Day.

"This is the 7th video from the Pagan Holidays Unveiled Series. This video focuses on the true pagan roots of the Christian Romantic Holiday----St. Valentine's Day. See how the Roman Catholic Church used a Christian martyr's name to hide the true pagan origins of the holiday celebrated since Ancient Rome!"

x Nacht Klaue x

Back to top Go down

Re: Valentine's Day

Post by x Nacht Klaue x on Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:02 am

The Origin of Valentine’s Day

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2015/02/bloody-sexy-drunk-origin-valentines-day/
x Nacht Klaue x

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:14 pm

Those were interesting to watch, and read through. As obnoxious as the modern Valentine's Day is, I'd rather take it over how the original Lupercalia was celebrated!

Admin

https://fortressresistingsexualsociety.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by x Nacht Klaue x on Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:30 pm

Both are bad.

x Nacht Klaue x

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverPure on Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:45 pm

Valentine's Day is a day for "redwashing", advertising geared towards the celebration of perversity and attempting to give people more excuses to take in more debt.
ForeverPure

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:07 pm

I wasn't saying either of them are good. The way it's celebrated now definitely has its problems. I can't stand its overglorification of sexual-romantic relationships, which are glorified even more than usual, combined with the obligation of buying expensive gifts (and being judged negatively for not doing so), but it still seems avoidable as long as you don't have peers that push you into it, and know what media to avoid. The original holiday would've been a lot harder to avoid, since it involved everyone in town, and outright involved trying to marry off as many people as possible.

Admin

https://fortressresistingsexualsociety.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SCH0206 on Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:47 pm

I can't believe you all are discussing Valentine's Day even though it ended over a week ago.

Even though it's considered a romantic holiday, some people use it to cherish non-romantic people in their lives, such as family or friends. Unfortunately, it's so heavily biased towards romance that I find it a turn-off, and pretty much ignore the holiday.

SCH0206

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum