Documentaries, News & Inspirational stuff

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Re: Documentaries, News & Inspirational stuff

Post by xenosimiana on Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:47 am

Alright, I need to get back to studying otherwise I'll be on here for another 30-45 mins.

xenosimiana

Back to top Go down

Post by x Skull Child x on Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:02 pm

I read the video description, it says "Cat Island" and it's in Japan. I've never heard of it before wow. That's so kind of her to feed those hungry cats :) I sent it now to my chat-friend, he also like cats :P

@xenosimiana By the way, that which you wrote reminded me of this quote which I saw on social media a few days ago :)

x Skull Child x

Back to top Go down

Post by x Skull Child x on Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:43 pm

Past studies suggest that individuals who feel shamed for their physical appearance or weight are at increased risk of depression, anxiety, body dissatisfaction and low self-esteem. Other research shows that people who are body-shamed tend to weigh more, have greater waist circumferences and a greater tendency to become obese over time ― and that people who face weight discrimination also face a higher risk of mortality over time.
Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/fat-shaming-hurts-heart_us_58935b28e4b0af07cb6be4d3?

This is so true.
x Skull Child x

Back to top Go down

Post by x Skull Child x on Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:25 am

x Skull Child x

Back to top Go down

Post by x Skull Child x on Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:28 am

Last year, I watched a video about this boy, it was sad. He got a happy ending :)

One year later, Nigerian "witch boy" healthy, heading to school

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/one-year-later-nigerian-witch-boy-healthy-headed-to-school/

Starving Child Abandoned because of "Witchcraft" Rescued by Aid Worker (Anja Ringgren Loven).

x Skull Child x

Back to top Go down

Post by x Skull Child x on Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:08 am

Hmm..

"71 year old woman Marries 17 year old boy just three weeks after meeting him in Tennessee"

A girl wrote this comment: "She's cute...and so what, if they are happy what's the harm?" and she got 14 likes on that comment. Maybe the reaction had been different if it was a 71 year old man with a 17 year old girl? People would then maybe think the man is using the girl.. but now since it's a guy, it's "cute".

x Skull Child x

Back to top Go down

Post by x Skull Child x on Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:56 am

She is telling why she don't take selfies anymore.. Do you take selfies? What's your thoughts on selfies?

x Skull Child x

Back to top Go down

Post by x Skull Child x on Sat May 06, 2017 1:34 pm

Wether a person is often negative or often positive, it can still be good to learn about how to respond negative people.. :) Not all people have a strong mind, they can feel exhausted to be around negative people all the time, especially if they are introverted or just very sensitive people. It can be good reminder for us all.. Here are 10 smart ways to respond to a negative person,

https://www.powerofpositivity.com/10-smart-ways-respond-negative-person/

How do you deal with negative people? (even if you're a negative person yourself).
x Skull Child x

Back to top Go down

Post by x Skull Child x on Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:44 pm

What do you think of when you hear the word "veil" marriage? religious people? modesty? opression? offensive? extremist? I personally don't see anything wrong with women who wants to cover their head. My new chat-friend is wearing "hijab" :) Here is few of the videos I found of religious people on veil (Note, not all people who cover their head are religious, some only have it because they like it and some for other reasons such as cancer, etc..).

Christian woman asking: I’m a Religious Extremist?!

Muslim woman explains: Why Do Muslim Women Cover Their Head?

x Skull Child x

Back to top Go down

Post by Biscotti on Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:00 pm

She says people know they can trust her, but I don't feel full trust. I hear her echo once again "Rape isn't an act of sex, it's an act of violence". But I don't dismiss that claim or even fully disagree with it, I'm open to being argued for that, and agree it's so sometimes. But her stating it as a fact makes me think she's spinning a narrative.

As far as I can tell the hijab can mean many things, some are benign, others idunno.
1. They could do it to express their "culture". My main issue with that, is that it doesn't mean much. It's like prosexuals defending sex because it's "a rite of passage to being in a relationship" just cuz it is. I feel it's a benign defense.
2. They do it because they're scared men will sexualize/be driven to sexual behaviour if they don't. This is a can of worms. Oversexualization much?
3. They do it to reserve themself for their husband. That's stupid. Next topic.

Anyway, hijab depends. This woman has her interpretation, but I've heard other muslims give their interpretations as well. I DO see something wrong with people who want to cover their heads, DEPENDING ON THE REASON. But people with those reasons are unlikely to make a social justice video about it.

I'd recommend questioning the hijab when it's appropriate to do so. Being unassuming can lead to things slipping by that aren't good. And, I find a lot of problems with certain islamic sexuality that I've been tempted to write about before.

Edit: Oh yeah, I'm aware questioning a hijab is a vague suggestion with confusing applications. Just do it
Biscotti

Back to top Go down

Post by x Skull Child x on Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:19 pm

Do you feel the same about christians and jews who wear veil? or just muslims? *confused* since you only commented the second video, eh..
x Skull Child x

Back to top Go down

Post by Biscotti on Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:48 pm

Do you feel that all religions are the same purely because they're religions?

The other, isn't that just a hairpiece women use to keep the hair out of her eyes? I mean, if I'm wrong, and that hairpiece has been used oppressively somewhere tell me.
I stopped listening to the first video when she changed the subject. The latter video the women seemed to defend the hijab VERY broadly, PAST her own meaning she placed on it.

The hijab is a reflection of troubling views of women in certain Islamic states, that are itself a reflection of perverted views of sexuality.

Which, yeah, I think any sex-positive view of sexuality is perverted to some extent. But compulsory sexuality is one I don't take lightly.

I conceded that the hijab does NOT necessarily mean oppression, but turning a blind eye to it I would not recommend. Especially when I just had a very troubling talk with a Muslim in Sweden about this.
Biscotti

Back to top Go down

Post by x Skull Child x on Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:26 pm

I found some information on hijab, http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/islam/beliefs/hijab_1.shtml

Compulsary sexuality exists everywhere. This is maybe off-topic, but since you mentioned this, it made me think about these videos which I found.. (I haven't watched the whole videos, I got a bit bored by the first video and the second were 19 minutes long..

(links removed by me)

The first video has a dirty thumbnail. Also dirty background.. so for those who easly gets sexually aroused, don't watch it.. and I will remove these links because I don't want anyone to get their day ruined by having watched something which creates them feeling of disgust and anger.. I've been there myself so I understand..

Last edited by x Nacht Klaue x on Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total
x Skull Child x

Back to top Go down

Post by Biscotti on Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:03 pm

There are different levels of "compulsory sexuality", and that doesn't excuse anything.

Oh, interesting, another antisexual video. But after watching it, it isn't an antisexualism podcast. It was a podcast where 2 people talked about antisexualism's textbook definition for a bit, then veered off to a bunch of crap like, "making sure all these esoteric sexual philosophies are presented to people, cause that's such an important issue! Gotta make sure we teach **** ******** in school, so those kind of people are represented!"

But interesting, I haven't done a search for antisexual on youtube in awhile and missed that. It did sound promising at first.
Biscotti

Back to top Go down

Post by x Skull Child x on Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:20 am

I see. I am listening to it now..

Edit: I watched the whole video lol I can't believe that I listened to the whole video +_+ It wasn't anything new.. But good that they mentioned the word "antisexualism" and had that in the title.. they don't have any subscribers tho and few views.
x Skull Child x

Back to top Go down

Post by xenosimiana on Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:30 pm

I find the religious reasons for covering the head for both women and men for the most part ridiculous. Modesty is important, but it just gets to the point that it assumes (or not) that people can't control themselves and simply ignore arousal. People find themselves getting aroused at many things esp. if it's something that they normally don't get aroused by and let that get to them. What if someone gets aroused by the many coverings that Muslim women wear? Or any woman for that matter? I mean it's bit understanding of how savage people are, but to me it's excessive and oppressive in how they deal with it.

With Islam, Judaism and Christianity there are many things that are vague leaving the worshipers confused as to what a particular surah or various passages in their books mean. Which makes me think their god isn't good at relaying what it wants from it's worshipers and is of course, human invention. It's been a while since I read the Bible but I vaguely remember in the New Testament in 1Corinthians 11 chapter about head coverings. I think it talked about how dishonorable it is for men while praying or prophesying to have their head covered because god is their head and women should have theirs covered while praying or prophesying otherwise it's dishonorable because men are the head of them. Something like that was mentioned in the New and not the Old Testament - the Torah and the Tanakh, but I've read that head coverings are mentioned in the Talmud, which I've never read.

xenosimiana

Back to top Go down

Post by x Skull Child x on Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:51 pm

This (below) is 1 of the verses mentioning head covering. Mary is like a role model for many religious girls, they want to dress like her. If it's okay to have Lady GaGa as a role model then it should be okay to have Mary as role model. People should chill :P
x Skull Child x

Back to top Go down

Post by Biscotti on Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:01 pm

This was well put together and investigated

Biscotti

Back to top Go down

Post by x Skull Child x on Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:26 pm

Big Food now highly dependent on aborted fetal tissue for product development

https://www.newstarget.com/2016-01-29-big-food-now-highly-dependent-on-aborted-fetal-tissue-for-product-development.html

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC123709/

Do you buy these products?
x Skull Child x

Back to top Go down

Post by x Skull Child x on Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:33 pm

I was actually disturbed by that. Because they import stuff from USA to our and other countries as well. Maybe they saw aborted babies as a waste and come up with the idea to use it in some way so then they chose to use it in food, makeup, etc -.-
x Skull Child x

Back to top Go down

Post by Biscotti on Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:45 pm

I looked up the aborted babies, as I've heard it before. And from what I read it was less about aborted babies (Though one was still involved) and the actual issue was about some discovery that was made several years ago from that one aborted baby. And that this discovery was made for food research and not actually used in the food itself. Not sure, but researching more might at least ease your nerves a bit.
Biscotti

Back to top Go down

Post by x Skull Child x on Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:23 pm

I already pasted links about it, above..

https://m.facebook.com/notes/killuminati-soldiers-of-truth/comprehensive-list-of-companies-that-use-aborted-fetal-cells-as-flavour/605272196207406/

I hope they really did quit since it's insanity that they take something from a dead fetus and use it in food and cosmetic products :c

Last edited by x Nacht Klaue x on Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
x Skull Child x

Back to top Go down

Post by Biscotti on Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:33 pm

Sorry, I should have dropped where I read that from too
http://www.snopes.com/politics/medical/pepsi.asp
Biscotti

Back to top Go down

Post by x Skull Child x on Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:48 am

Indian government files legal papers to try to stop marital rape being outlawed

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/india-marital-rape-ban-fight-legal-papers-file-parliament-law-change-marriage-a7924106.html

Some of us may take some laws for granted, thinking that other countries would react the same way as we do. Example, here a woman can go to court if her boyfriend force her with sex, but if she live for example in India and she i forced to have sex, she will probably not even know wether it's right or wrong (even women in western countries seem confused wether they've been raped or not or wether they can say no or not) they would probably stay silent about it since marital rape (they would not even call it rape -.-) in some countries to my suprise is allowed wtf (bad language).
x Skull Child x

Back to top Go down

Post by x Skull Child x on Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:18 am

The damage to Samantha the sex robot shows male aggression being normalised

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/feminism/2017/09/damage-samantha-sex-robot-shows-male-aggression-being-normalised

I have actually been wondering (before I read this) of wether there would be less rape in the world if the people were given "sex-dolls or robots". At the same time I felt it to be provoking, that men would rape a doll / robot which recemble a woman. To use her for sex.. Dolls made to recemble women so people can have sex with it.. I feel disgusted.. Even if it's soulless / have no soul, it looks so real that it feels like they are victims of rape.. I would actually want to protect even the dolls / robots from the filthy sex-obsessed beasts!!
x Skull Child x

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next