Post by x Nacht Klaue x on Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:55 am

Bathing & Dressing
For more videos:
https://www.youtube.com/user/CAREGIVERdotORG/playlists

x Nacht Klaue x

Back to top Go down

Re: How to take care of old parents at home

Post by Admin on Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:14 am

This isn't something I've had to deal with first-hand, since many of my grandparents and great-grandparents have, or had been able to live mostly or entirely on their own. For a class I had taken years ago about human aging, I wrote about the the importance of family support in old age, and maintaining one's own health for as long as possible. Some people have extended family nearby, or have hired help at their home.

Not everyone can afford hired help, and caring for aging parents can be difficult financially, especially where it's common for relatives to not live near each other after moving away. That may be why nursing homes may seem like the only option expected of everyone there.

Admin

https://fortressresistingsexualsociety.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SCH0206 on Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:38 am

Nursing homes aren't around just for financial reasons, but emotional ones, too. Some people put their parents there because the parents were cruel to them as children, and they don't want to care for their toxic parents. Then, the parents whine about being abandoned. *NEWS FLASH* People cared for well as children don't cut their parents out of their lives!

I know I won't be able to care for my mother when she reaches to a point of not being able to care for herself. I got a taste of what it was like, and I don't want to go back to that. When I sought out her assistance a few years ago, I felt like I got tricked. After a four-year hiatus, she "forgave" me, but still blamed me for being abused by her while acting as if she couldn't live without me. Sometimes, she would treat me like a naughty child while at other times, she acted as if she wanted me to be her mother. If I wasn't willing to listen to her diatribes about the job she hated or her divorced husband (my father) then, I was attacked for not being understanding. She even demanded that I take out loans for her in my name to pay her bills since she's retired and doesn't want a job anymore. If I suggested for her to get a part time job, she would guilt-trip or chide me until I gave in. Taking the bus to some places without asking for a ride in her car would make her freak out. I'm so glad that volatile craziness is over. She even hinted that I should stay in the same apartment complex as her so that I'll be close by. No thanks! Good thing I have two older siblings because they meet her shallow requirements better than I do, and I hope she moves in with one of them one day.

SCH0206

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:02 am

Right, I wouldn't want for you to have to go back to your mother, nor anyone else to go back to abusive parents. You don't owe her anything, and she shouldn't expect your help after what she put you through, but it's sickening that she does.

Admin

https://fortressresistingsexualsociety.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down