How do you view the confederate battle flag?

Go down

The confederate battle flag represents:

67% 67% 
[ 2 ]
33% 33% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 3

How do you view the confederate battle flag?

Post by ForeverPure on Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:52 pm

Recently, I have been sporting the flag quite actively online. In my view, the flag represents states' rights. It would seem that after a massacre in which the perpetrator posed with the flag, there has been pressure to label it as "racist".

May want to watch this if that is how you feel:

ForeverPure

Back to top Go down

Re: How do you view the confederate battle flag?

Post by Biscotti on Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:10 am

I view it as the flag that the south took when they split from the states with no meaning attached to it aside from it being the flag of a defunct "country".
Maybe I don't think too deeply about it.
Biscotti

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:28 am

I've seen all sides of the debate over that flag, but it can't be denied that it's tied to some of the ugliest parts of US history, and racist groups in the US use it.

I've seen many people from the former confederate states say it's a symbol of their heritage as Southerners and say that's not racist, and act like they'd have nothing of their culture or heritage left if they abandoned the confederate flag. What about the other parts? The food, the music, dialects and customs? Those are still alive and well, so why do some so strongly want to "reclaim" a flag with the history it has, and is still widely used as a symbol of hatred and violence?

Admin

https://fortressresistingsexualsociety.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverPure on Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:12 am

It's the same reason nations have a lot of respect for their own flags. Although the CSA may have been annexed with the USA, they are still culturally divided from the USA (the "North" or "Yankees"). The biggest difference between the South and North is their view of self-reliance. In the South, many believe in agrarian principles of self-reliance (the farm or town rather than the city), while many in the North believe in highly condensed urban living that mostly relies on imports to sustain itself.
ForeverPure

Back to top Go down

Yo

Post by Aztec12 on Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:26 pm

It remains me of the time the south cowardly ran away form their own nation, instead of being a democracy and vote on it. Fighting as assembly instead of a riot. It's not a national flag but a flag that represents another nation fighting against USA. However i am southern and I do love our respecteful ways not our racist ways though.

Was I being too harsh please tell meĀ 
I'll edit or erase it if you want(I think I can, the is my first day here.)
Sorry
Aztec12

Back to top Go down

Post by Biscotti on Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:52 pm

Of course your post isn't harsh in the least. And welcome to the forum, every active user is a blessing.
Biscotti

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down