Sexualization of Yoga

Go down

Sexualization of Yoga

Post by x Skull Child x on Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:31 pm

I think Yoga originated in India. Those in India have done Yoga and meditation for many years ago and still do. It's something spiritual they do, part from their religion I think. And later Yoga become popular even in other countries.

I tried to do a little bit Yoga for many years ago. Last week I become interested in Yoga again. So I started to learn how to do Yoga. And the Yoga I saw on everywhere is not the Yoga I learned when I was a teenager. What a heck...??! What I have seen is sexualized! Oh my days!

Although I saw they had sexy clothes, I wasn't thinking too much about it. Because I myself wasn't going to use such clothes so I didn't care as long as learned Yoga.. When I watched the Yoga images and videos I was thinking like is it the men who have come to this types of "yoga"? I was seriously wondering if Yoga is fake? Is Yoga something women do so that the men can enjoy them in a sexual way? I started to think that Yoga maybe does not exist until I began to remember the Yoga which I did for many years ago, that one wasn't sexual in any way. It was just relaxing movements, child and teenage-friendly. But these ones are erotic woah!

I will not let these things stop me from learning the Yoga which I liked as a teenager, not the "ooohhh my sexy bodyyyy, only for youuuu to enjoyyyyyyy" Not this disgusting body movements which they call Yoga!

I feel sad.. disgusted and scared how Yoga has become sexual entertainment which people can watch and masturbate to. Hm..
x Skull Child x

Back to top Go down

Re: Sexualization of Yoga

Post by x Skull Child x on Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:39 am

You know what... I just watched a video and now I can tell you that it was NOT Yoga which I learned for many years ago. This which I just watched is called "Tai Chi". It is the same movements which I used to do :) So it was probably not Yoga lol. I'm glad that I know that now! :) But maybe there is non-sexual Yoga which I can learn too :)

I saw another video "Tai Yoga" I didn't see any woman do it with another woman, always a man with a woman and it's very... I'm sure that sexual people would get h---y by watching such videos :(

Anyways I'm very glad that I watched this video :D

Last edited by ☆x Pure Life x☆ on Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
x Skull Child x

Back to top Go down

Post by x Skull Child x on Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:02 am

I guess some women do Sexy-Yoga intentionally. Either to get more views or for whatever reasons.. All I know is that sex sells... When people think something is good they want to attract people to it, unfortunately they use sexy/sex to get more views.

OFF-topic: They do same things with veganism :/ For example PETA, they use Pamela Anderson in their ads. Pamela is also a vegan and she supports PETA this is why she don't mind to posing sexy and not only sexy but also naked in their ads...Only thing she use to cover her boobs is a small towel...

By the way, I don't support PETA anymore, and many other vegans don't do it either because they kill homeless animals. Also the founder or co-founder of PETA left the organization. Just to let you know it. So you don't think that all vegans support killing of homeless animals! What they are doing is hypocrisy.
x Skull Child x

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:56 am

To answer your questions on your first post, Yoga originated in India, as part of their spiritual practices for millennia. What is often practiced as Yoga in the West is far removed from the original practices in India, and often doesn't include the spiritual and religious contexts, and these inaccurate versions may be sexualized too. It's frustrating that everything has to be sexualized in order to sell, but there are still people who will teach Yoga accurately.

I've seen some of those ads, and they were disturbing. PETA is the most visible and vocal group of vegans and animal rights activists (or they claim to be, but I can't understand how they claim to be, while believing in euthanizing stray pets instead of finding good homes for them), but I know that they don't speak for everyone in either group, nor should be seen as representative. Do a lot of people still not know that, and have you had to explain that to a lot of people?

Admin

https://fortressresistingsexualsociety.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by x Skull Child x on Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:06 am

Body movements such as gym, tai chi, non-sexual Yoga is good for the body, especially for those with sedentary life and don't exercise.. It's good for the muscles. It's such a shame that everything must be sexualized.

Yea :/ In some countries they use something called TNR (Trap-Neuter-Return)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trap-neuter-return

People are quick to call the police if they see any dog walk alone outside. If a dog walks around outside, that would be a strange thing which would make people to call the police..

Last edited by ☆x Pure Life x☆ on Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
x Skull Child x

Back to top Go down

Post by SCH0206 on Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:57 am

It's good to see PETA being called out for the phonies they are, especially from other vegetarians/vegans. If they're getting flak from fellow vegetarians/vegans, one knows something's wrong with that group. One can't agree on everything, but that doesn't justify violence or threats toward those whose views are different, like what PETA did with those who used animals for food or other things. It sick and insane that there are people who take them seriously.

SCH0206

Back to top Go down

Post by x Skull Child x on Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:06 pm

I will look for another organization who doesn't kill animals..

Here is some Tai Chi ^_^

x Skull Child x

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:54 am

☆x Pure Life x☆ wrote:Body movements such as gym, tai chi, non-sexual Yoga is good for the body, especially for those with sedentary life and don't exercise.. It's good for the muscles. It's such a shame that everything must be sexualized.

Yea :/ In some countries they use something called TNR (Trap-Neuter-Return)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trap-neuter-return

People are quick to call the police if they see any dog walk alone outside. If a dog walks around outside, that would be a strange thing which would make people to call the police..

People promoting Tai Chi and Yoga should promote them on the basis of their merits instead of sexualizing them to appeal to people.

TNR is a humane alternative to poisoning or euthanizing strays and ferals, and is more effective at reducing overpopulation. Where widespread killing of stray and feral cats happened, other cats moved into the area and overpopulated it, which further reduced the quality of life for all of them.

You'd want to look for an organization that promotes the well-being of ferals, and help strays get adopted.

Admin

https://fortressresistingsexualsociety.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by x Skull Child x on Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:28 pm

Oh, I forgot to share this video! So Cute! :)

Last edited by ☆x Pure Life x☆ on Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
x Skull Child x

Back to top Go down

Post by x Skull Child x on Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:34 pm

@Admin wrote:You'd want to look for an organization that promotes the well-being of ferals, and help strays get adopted.

Exactly.
x Skull Child x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:01 am

Aren't some forms of Yoga involved with the Chakras somehow? There's one Chakra (Svadhishthana) that supposedly stands, amongst other things, for sexuality, as in, sexuality being good, and sexual activity being healthy for this Chakra. I think it's a misinterpretation, but whatever.

Anyway, as for everything else, sex sells, so no wonder they "sexualize" it by having people dress in things that activates weak people's sexual pattern recognition. I don't see it as sexual though, simply as pitiable, since I understand the intentions behind it, which don't affect me one way or the other, so I don't care. I don't see these intentions as a good thing though, if that means anything.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down