New to the forum

3 posters

Go down

New to the forum Empty New to the forum

Post by COkiddo Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:55 pm

Where to start, well how about how I found this place. I Googled abstinence, & instead of ending up at asexual, this time I arrived at antisexual which better defines me. Found the Russian site, that was interesting. It seemed like a dead end when I discovered no one had posted since '13 & the commonly linked english forum no longer existed. I think I just ended up here through one of the next several Google links from the blog of the admin.
Anyways I'm glad to have found this English speaking community of Antisexuals.

As for me, my name's Matt. I'm 25, born in North Carolina, adopted at birth & raised in Colorado. I still have quite a bit of poking around to do when it comes to the exact definition of antisexual & others thoughts & viewpoints on the matter but I'm hoping my outlook is something similar. I've never had sex before, ever. Personally I don't feel like I ever want to, in my eyes it's disgusting, degrading, unnecessary, risky, messy, absurd to see the least, plus knowing I don't plan on having children & the unpleasant thought of what a disease or infection would feel like down there is enough to keep me uninterested.

Although I suppose it's not just sex, but relationships as well. Even at my age I still find myself with the mindset of a ten year old from time to time. If you ask any of my friends or those I'm acquainted with, hell even my family will say I don't seem like "a man" I'm more of a kid & I kind of prefer it that way. There's definitely somethings that are not okay with my lifestyle & I have some growing up to do but I like to do what I like to do, when I like to do it. I'm definitely an introvert, almost entirely antisocial when I am allowed to be & being in relationship would take away from the time I have to do what I like to do.

Along with most likely a couple dozen other reasons if I really sat down to think about it I would have to say the last one is, resources. The human population is reproducing at a way quicker rate than ever before & it's sort of my part for the sanity of myself & humanity I chose not to create another minier version of myself.

That's my bit, I'll probably post more & have collected my thoughts better the more I post here but I'd just like to say I'm glad to see in the year 2015 there is an active Antisexual forum.

COkiddo

Back to top Go down

New to the forum Empty Re: New to the forum

Post by Admin Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:07 pm

Welcome! I'm glad you found this site! I also found out about the antisexual community, and the Russian site first, in 2009 or 2010. I found the asexual community in 2012. It's sad that there's not much left for us, which is why I created this site, trying to make it as similar to the older sites as I can in its scope, and I've written about it in my blog.

Our specific viewpoints and reasons vary, but it sounds like you'll fit in here very well! Smile I feel the same way you do about relationships; they take time away from other things. It's not selfish to want to focus on the other things instead. Some of us here are also antinatalist, that is, don't want children, and feel like there is no justification for it due to overpopulation.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverPure Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:42 pm

You sound extremely intelligent and I am pleased to hear your views on both sexuality and reproduction comrade. I too, do not like having relationships that are not necessary. Just remember that there was a time when being celibate was considered a sign of a good man, an honest man and most of all a person of good character. 

Now if you have not "lost your virginity" by 16, you are considered a "loser", when I thought "loser" meant losing something in the first place. I think you are by every definition a winner.

I hope your research only makes your current views more stronger and clearer. Be careful about many of the pro-capitalist hedonists out there that may try to hijack any label they can get their filthy hands on.

Solidarity comrade and may peace be with you always.
ForeverPure
ForeverPure

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down